SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buy1soon

Need ideas on cost?? for Baby sitting

Terri_PacNW
15 years ago

I was asked to do a little hit and miss babysitting for a girl I've never met..She's a good friend and workmate of my next door neighbor. The girl is in between a rock and a hard place with her little man. So tomorrow she's dropping him off with me for the day. She's a single mom in the Navy. She actually works over an hour away at the next Navy base south from here. (we have a large one here too.)

Anyway, she asked me how much..and told me that she's always paid a subsidised amount and it's been a monthly flat rate..

~I know I've never met her or her baby..He's 13 months and walking and busy she said...She must be desperate to drop him off with a complete stranger for maybe as long as 12 hours!!! I feel for her..

Anyway, I don't need alot of money..but I don't want to be taken advantage of either. If I decide to continue this for her..it will likely be through March. After tomorrow..I'll decide to continue or not..

What is the going rate for a babysitter? Anyone know what is fair to both of us?

Comments (18)