SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tnsongbird

Wording of induction/oven in manual - possible or not?

tnsongbird
11 years ago

To begin, I have read a ton of postings regarding a similar issue on whether it's possible to do an induction cooktop over a wall oven within a 25" counter space. Yes, it is, but that's not where my question ends...

I am hoping to do the above scenario w/the Electrolux combo that is specified for this. However, I was ALSO going to do a downdraft (a hood is not an option for me). When I read the Electrolux manual online, it states:

**Approved to be used over any Electrolux Single Wall Oven

OR in combination with any Electrolux 36" Downdraft Vent."

which tells me that it's an either-or scenario, not both. That being said, I DO have the option of increasing the countertop size to an extra 16" behind there. Here's my question: is it possible to do all three - induction cooktop, wall oven under, AND downdraft? without voiding warranties, etc and just utilizing the extra counter space for it?

I had my first kitchen designer appointment yesterday (whole other story, what an awful experience and she was clueless) and had hoped to clarify this then, especially since I let them know all the specifics in advance. They are supposed to be calling me back but given the experience on this board I thought I'd post the question here, too, if I'm missing anything.

We are building a home with ICFs and slab foundation so I think I really need to clarify exactly what my oven venting scenario is going to be before passing off the plans to the ICF guys, which was going to be tomorrow. Ugh! If they made a 36" induction slide-in I would just do that, but they don't seem to make one.

Originally I thought I could get away with no venting (I had a downdraft at my last home with a gas stove and never used it in 6 years) and my GC feels we'll be fine with whatever the mfg requirements are, but the designer is telling me our county is really picky about it w/codes and it won't fly without any venting. Not to mention it's an ICF build, so I would think I should have it regardless since it's such a tight air envelope.

Sorry for the long post! Just a major snag I need to work through ASAP and feel I've exhausted all options. Guess I might need to reconfigure where the oven goes.

Comments (4)