SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trent_floog

Need help deciding - Single Induction or Double Non-Induction range

Trent Floog
8 years ago

Hi all-

I've searched the forums and read a ton of threads about induction. I am having a house built, and I have to get a freestanding (not a slide-in) range. I also have to have an over the range microwave as my hood. My wife wants to go back to a gas range (we've had smooth top electric for 16 years) and I like the electric, as I don't have a sense of smell, so I'm always paranoid about gas fumes. Probably unfounded, as I has a gas range growing up for 20+ years.

Anyway, the freestanding induction range choices are limited. I originally wanted the Samsung "97" model, but people have scared me off with reliability. I'm hoping that GE might be better, and their freestanding model looks nice, other than too much grey.

Unfortunately, I was hoping for a double oven, but that looks like it ca only happen with a gas or smooth electric. My big decision is (freestanding) induction with a single oven vs. a gas or electric double oven. Reliability is important, so I'm a little worried about going induction, but I like the idea since it's a small galley kitchen with only a micro hood.

We don't host major holiday meals, we're a family of 4. Most dinners are on the stovetop, with the oven getting used 2-3 times a week. But when I do get baking, It seems like it would be nice to have two temps.

Also, there are two time a year where I need to have 3 pots boiling at once. I was able to do that on my 15 year old GE smooth top, I read somewhere that induction might not allow this?

So, Induction one oven - GE or Samsung, or Electric/Gas Double Oven, also GE/Samsung?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH