SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
alison_bailey64

30 inch electric slide in range replacement - double oven, induction?

A B
2 years ago

We have a 12-ish year old GE radiant slide in range (30in) that has never baked evenly. I previously cooked on a Jenn-Air down draft (unsure age – old!) that was wonderful.

We are looking into options to replace the GE. Gas is not an option. I definitely want real knobs. GE Profile / Café seems to have the greatest variety of options.

I am debating and researching pros / cons:

- Induction – if we decide to splurge on induction, we will have to replace most of our cookware. What I don’t understand – can you run all 4 burners at full capacity at once? What brands offer partial adjustments of temperature (ie 20 settings on a knob, not 10?) for greater ease of control?

- Double oven versus single? The double oven set-up looks so low to the ground! What is the largest item I could realistically fit in the small, upper oven? Has anyone missed the storage drawer? We have a large kitchen and could accommodate the loss of the drawer, but it would involve some reorganizing!

- One other consideration I have had is the Breville Oven Air to replace our existing toaster oven, and a new single slide-in range. I like that my 10 year old son could learn to independently use the Breville over the next few years. We are a family of 3, so this seems like a good alternative and quite a cost savings.

Would love feedback and/or anything else I have not thought of! We have a built-in microwave that functions great – I would be curious if the space might accommodate a convection microwave (when the time comes) but that wouldn’t be a consideration presently.

Comments (6)