SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbarak1965

Docking Port & Screen Resolution Question

barbarak1965
16 years ago

Hi, I'm a newbie here, altho have had other conversations on Garden Web sites. Thought you all might be able to help. I recently retired my 8-year-old Dell desktop computer and replaced it with an IBM Thinkpad laptop with a docking port and external monitor. I thought that would be the best of both worlds--have my laptop as my overall computer and be able to easily take it on the run. However, as someone who writes and edits using MS Word all day, I've been very unhappy with the quality of the screen resolution. I thought it was the fault of my new Samsung flat-screen monitor (apparently the laptop is not compatible with a VGA digital display, so I'm using an analog cable), but when I plug in my old, fabulous CRT monitor, the resolution is still bad. What I mean is that words seem too fuzzy on the page, despite the fact that I've done all I can to ramp up the resolution. Is this a problem generally when you attach an external monitor to a laptop via a docking port? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Barbara

Comments (2)