SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19718084

need expert advice on keylogger removal

14 years ago

I have been fighting for months to remove a keylogger program from my computer. It was installed by a family member by disc, directly on to my computer. Not by remote or email. I had called in an expert(?) who was not able to remove it. He suggested I try a reformat. I thought it reformatted, but have since realized that is not so. I didn't re-enter my email addresses, so they should not be completed by the computer, but they are, which means they are still on the hard drive, along with the keylogger. This keylogger is an illegal one, I'm sure. The person who installed it is a career criminal who was looking to steal my identity from my tax prep info. Have tried to reformat, ran malwarebytes in safe mode, have located second partition and am unable to delete it. Don't know where to go from here. Am unemployed, so am unable to call in expert, or pay to have hard drive erased or replace by expert help. Can anyone help me out? Please! Hp Pavillion 750n, Pentium 4, 1.6 Ghz,XP, Kaspersky lab internet security.

Comments (19)