SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hadley_gw

A House with a View floor plan

hadley
15 years ago

Hi all, please help me fine tune this floor plan enough to take it to a pro for more fine tuning, engineering, and drafting.

Lot: 32-acres at the end of a private road; long-distance SE view, piney woods and ridges on three sides, backing into several hundred acres of conservation land with brook and waterfalls.

Build site: 2-3 level cleared acres, sloping down in back to 3-4 more level cleared acres.

Occupants: Two adults and three kids, 16, 10 and 9--oldest may "age-out" about the time we're ready to move in :( but want to leave her a space she feels is hers....

Future: 20-year house for us, expect to turn over to a young family when it comes time to sell.

Size: This floor plan is much larger (1485 1st floor, 1340 2nd floor = 2825)than DH would like--he keeps saying 2500, but has no suggestions on which rooms could be smaller. I keep trying to trim wasted space while still designing to allow for lots of view leverage from anywhere in the house.

Elevations: Similar to the plan linked below but bigger, with a more regular foundation, and much changed floor plans. We also like classical full hip with wings, so maybe a more formal, different direction. We like Mascord exterior styling as well so may go more that way.

Need help: Reducing/cutting wasted space, better stairwell solution, anything else. Deck and porch sizes, etc., not really set.

You can click on the floor plans to see them bigger if you need to. Thank you so much!

Everything turns on the eventual trade-offs among green, energy-efficiency, and size. We are looking into SIPS, passive solar, low-tem-op heat pump for heat and ac, etc.--will have more ? on those things later, I'm sure!

{{gwi:1495464}}

{{gwi:1495466}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Possible similar elevation

Comments (12)