SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
staceyneil

We're really on our way!! I can't believe it :)

Stacey Collins
14 years ago

It has been a long year. We began a kitchen/LR/DR reno in March that we thought would be the year's project. But the discovery of a major mold problem stemming from a plumbing freeze/leak necessitated gutting the master bath/bedroom area. We've been camping on a mattress on the LR floor for way too long.

Homeowner's insurance is paying for like-for-like replacement, but we're upgrading and doing some of the work ourselves (plumbing, electrical, demo, some finish) to be able to splurge on way better fixtures and materials than we otherwise could afford.

Today: new doors and windows are installed, tub deck, subfloor and shower walls are in. The new hardwood floor in the adjascent hall and closets. Tomorrow I am putting the cement board up in preparation for tile. We're lucky to live near GW's resident tile expert, Bill Vincent, and he's going to set our tile! It's a huge splurge but the tiling is SO important to the bathroom design, and I just felt my tiling skills were not advanced enough for this project. I feel ever so much more confident knowing Bill's on the job!

Today a big freight truck came with our new bathtub, toilet, and a big box of Kohler hardware. It was like Christmas!!! (and I consciously savored opening each box, since after this there'll be NO money left for presents!)

I will try to take some photos tomorrow and post pics, if anyone is interested....

Comments (26)