SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jim_1

A long cruise - we're on our way, part 4

jim_1 (Zone 5B)
9 years ago

I believe that there is a thing about being on a cruise ship that has more people drinking more alcohol than might usually happen. The prices are not cheap, but not as bad as some places that might cater to people who have lots of money to spend on stuff like that. One doesn't have to worry about drinking and driving; and then there is the relaxation factor to consider.

A few years ago, Holland America made some modifications in their bars. For instance, the piano bar was in its own comfy room with a dedicated bartender. Not anymore, that is now an open area (lots of people walking by potentially spoiling the piano player's gig) and it is a part of the Martini Bar.

Generally, there is a reduced price time, some might call it Happy Hour, and the prices are the same throughout the ship not for one specific bar. I don't know if that is good or bad.

Because of the goofy lighting in many of the bars (lots of mirrors and glitter things), it was difficult for me to get decent pictures of some of the venues.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
More Discussions