SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyofnc

Restaurant Staff's Manners

nancyofnc
11 years ago

The other night we went to a new restaurant, middle price level operation, not a sports bar, and the young hostess greeted us (two older adults, white haired, no children nearby) by saying, "Hey guys! Just you two?" In the first place, even though we live in the South, "Hey" is not a proper greeting and we do not look like "guys", and secondly it is an insult to admonish us for not having friends with us. There was not a sommelier at this establishment to further be rude to us, but when the wait person was asked about one of the entree's she said she didn't know "because I don't eat here." She came over later and asked us "how's ev'rythin" butting into our conversation instead of waiting to be acknowledged. The food was delicious, reasonably priced, and service was good, but when I asked to speak to the Manager the wait staff about wet their pants in fright. When I spoke to the Manager, all of 22 years old, I voiced my concerns and suggested that he visit the nearby rival restaurant (40 yrs in business) to observe their manners and treatment of the customers. He blushed the whole time and was overly apologetic. I think he may be related to the owner and this was his first "big chance". He offered to "comp" our meal (I hate that abbreviation too) but we told him that we ate it all, liked it very much, and that we would be back,and not to worry because we would not say anything negative about the restaurant.

I'm probably black-listed somewhere as the lady who fusses over little things.

Nancy

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!