SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

Medicine cabinet dimensions? Single or double door?

raehelen
10 years ago

BR reno is clicking along...only been 9 months...LOL Anyhow, walls are drywalled...we have framing in place for a semi-recessed medicine cabinet. Size could be 27" wide X 31" tall or smaller. Counter will be kitchen height and depth, so I figured totally recessed would be too hard to access, and I'd like more shelf space than the average 4" depth. In my head I always envisioned a single door, until I realized that swinging a 25-27" wide door open to access the insides may be awkward. DH will probably build it (though if I could find the perfect one ready made I'm open to that), so we can make it exactly the size we want.

So, if I change it to 2 doors swinging from the middle out, I will have a line right down the middle of my mirror..OK...I guess... just wondering what others have for medicine cabinets. Do you find a center line distracting/annoying? I've never had a mirrored door that large, the ones we have in our last unrenovated BR are the typical surface mounted with two tiny mirrored sections on the sides of a centred unopenable mirror.

Comments (7)