SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19778555

Suggestions for finishing a bathroom as cheaply as possible

User
9 years ago

So... I have a bathroom that had to be gutted last year because of mold issues, and now has to be finished off at the least possible expense because nobody, but NOBODY, will even look at a house in my region that doesn't have 2 bathrooms. (The other bath is small and just has a very small corner shower; the gutted bath had a tub).

Went to Lowes and picked out a toilet (Kohler Santa Rosa 1-piece, $328) and also a tub/surround/glass combo by American Standard in their "Saver" series which would come to $900 for the set. Haven't shopped faucets etc but will end up with Delta so I'm figuring it will come to about $1700 so far.

My problem is the vanity which can only be 48" wide x 22" deep due to space limitations, and I absolutely (because I will probably be stuck here for a year trying to sell in a bad market) want one with 6 drawers. HATE the ones that don't have a drawer at the top! Apparantly the 6-drawer ones are not easy to find. Went to Lowes and Home Depot, then to Consumers Kitchen & Bath which had TWO (one by Bertsch and another by Galleria), at $939 and $989 respectively, and I was not impressed with the quality of either. That's just for the cabinet, before adding any kind of solid surface/integral sink top. Is $1000 pretty much the cheapest you can get a 48" vanity cabinet for nowadays that isn't made of pressboard/MDF?

Comments (22)