SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scb71

Painting Cabinets and bathrooms - suggestions needed!

scb71
16 years ago

Hello.

I just purchased a home and am interested in updating some bathrooms. If at all possible we are going to start with just paint and new fixtures, but may end up busting out all the tile and starting over. The home is a great home but it was built in 1987 so the tile and grout look very dated in my opinion. In the interest of trying to modernize and "clean" up the look we have to paint the cabintets as well as the walls. Most of the new looks we like are anything other than white on the cabinets. I also see lots of monochromatic looks where the cabinets, trim and doors are all very close to the same color as the walls but am not sure I have to go that route.

Here are the basics of the rooms in question:

Two bathrooms have an off white tile with a dark grout. One is a charcoal type grout and I think the other may have less gray in the grout but still is a darker color.

Another bath has a grey tile (not sort of grey - actual textbook grey). It even has a strip of red tile in the shower - think 1980's and you get the idea.

What suggestions do you have for paint colors in these rooms but especially for the cabinetry!

Thanks!

Comments (16)