SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muimui80

Did I really need to change my Viking Oven Coil Burner

muimui80
16 years ago

So i've been having some gas leak problem with my Viking range for quite sometime now and had the pg&e guy check it out. turns out i needed to hire a Viking approved repair shop to fix the problem. It would cost me a pretty penny to get it fixed but i KNEW it was time i finally get it done. They charged me $65 to come out and $65 for every half hour they stayed...YIKES! He fixed the problem pretty quickly BUT proceeded to tell me that my coil burners in my oven needed to get changed. He said that typically these get changed every 4-5 years and it was about that time for me...coincidence (he knew i purchased the oven in July 2002)or is he pulling a fast one on me? He said it wasnt urgent but i would eventually have to changed them anyway and I might as well do it now so that next time i wouldnt have to pay the $65 to come out. Turns out to change these two parts cost me $200 and in the end over $400 to service everything!!! I rarely use my oven so i'm not sure why these coils are already needing to get changed?!?! i would say i use my oven about 10-15 times a year! Im glad i got the leak fixed but not so sure this extra charge to change the coils was REALLY necessary.

I know you guys are the REAL experts. do you think was necessary to do. Do these coils look like they need changing? they look like they are in pretty good condition to me.

thanks in advance,

cindy

i took pictures but how do i upload them?!?!?

Comments (12)