SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkalzamora100

Microwave/Oven help. What do I really need.

lkalzamora100
8 years ago

Do to much research/luck I was able to purchase a Monogram Advantium Speed Oven (240v) at a great close out price. I am really intrigued by the concept of a speed oven although a little scared about how much of a learning curve it will entail. I was sold when I read that it makes brownies in 6 minutes (and I found one at clearance price for not much more than a built in microwave). I purchased the Advantium months ago and was waiting until now for delivery as our kitchen remodel is going slowing. In the mean time I also found a Viking 48 inch range at another good close out price. It seems that I can't seem to pass up a good deal.

The ovens were supposed to be delivered yesterday but only the Viking was delivered. I have now been informed that the advantium is damaged and the best the company will do is to give me $200 against the price of a new one. I can't really justify the price of a new advantium since we purchased the large range.

So I now need to decide on what to get for a microwave. Do I need a speed oven, microwave/convection oven or just a microwave? Do be honest, I know that I just need a microwave since the Viking has two ovens both of which are convection. But how nice is it to have a speed oven?

I haven't really research microwaves at all. I am have really run out of steam at this point. I think I really would just love to have some opinions on what I should get.

Comments (5)