SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ravencajun

upcoming update to Windows update

This is just a heads up for you to know that soon Microsoft will be pushing out an update to update your Windows update client. This will happen even if you have your auto updates set to notify only. They have done this in the past with out telling and they got some heat about doing something to people's pcs with out notifying them it would happen, so they are at least giving us a warning this time. Here is the link to their info about it.

(you may notice this has happened because you will receive a notice that you must reboot your pc or it may reboot automatically once the update has been done)

Upcoming Update to Windows Update

from the article:

"I'd like to let you know that, beginning at the end of this month and continuing over the next few months, weÂll be rolling out an infrastructure update to the Windows Update agent (client). I wanted to take this opportunity to provide some background on the update and discuss the value these updates bring to you.

How Windows Update Keeps Itself Up-to-Date

Occasionally, we must update the infrastructure of Windows Update in order to ensure a high level of service quality, reliability, and operation. As part of this process, we update both the back-end infrastructure that supports the service as well as the client side code (i.e. the Windows Update agent, or client).

So what are we doing this time? Well, this particular update wonÂt really change the way the client looks or feels to you, but you may notice some improvements in the length of time it takes Windows Update to scan for updates and how quickly youÂll receive signature updates. For example, in this update, weÂve invested heavily in reducing the amount of time it takes the Windows Update agent to scan to see if new updates are available. In this case, weÂve seen some instances of the scan times on some machines decreasing almost 20 percent."

for the rest please follow the link to the article.

Comments (6)