SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
girlsingardens

Update on DH, reunion and family

girlsingardens
15 years ago

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Well it is Sunday and we got through the reunion all right. Actually it went great. We had 12 classmates out of 42 show up and 25 little kids. My folks rushed home and were there late Friday night and the girls stayed at my sisters that night. My folks put up 2 pools and also got one of those giant little tykes water slides that inflate. People showed up around 1:30 and stayed until after 8. We all had so much fun, 2 of my sisters came over and helped out with the kids, they had fun on the water slide and pools, my dad got one of the horses out and they had pony rides, he also had his full sized popcorn maker going and they ate tons of popcorn and we also had popsicles and watermelon to cool off. I made too much food as usual and my mil made several salads, we just grilled out hotdogs and had a lot of fun. Those that wanted to had brought beer so we just sat around talking about the high school days and comaparing current notes. I can tell you it was a blast and took my mind off dh. He did come down and had fun too.

We go see the surgeon on Tuesday and see what he has to say. I think he is planning on doing more tests and another CT scan. They got his pain under control. They think that it was a combo of the gall stones and they discovered an infection in his intestinal area so put him on iv antibiotics. His blood sugar has really dropped since Friday and we are working on getting it under control. The Dr. thinks that the gall stones and infection brought out the diabetes. She is positive about it and that with diet, exercise, cutting out sugar and oral meds that we can get things under control. They won't do anything about the gallsones and hernia until the diabetes is under control. All in all it really has been a long week but in a way I am glad that it happened. DH hasn't had a physical in 11 years and is overweight. While there I asked Dr. to do a full work up on him and am curious to see what his cholestoral is. The hardest thing is that he really isn't a fruit or veggie person. I am sure you know that between the kids and I most of our diet is veggies and fruits and meat is a side dish. Right now his blood sugar has been staying around 180 which is in the high range of what the diabetes consultant wants but is way better than what it was before.

Now to try and catch up on my sleep, we are also in the processes of moving the girls and Hayden down stairs and had carpet put down on Friday so the house has stuff every where. My mom is going to come up on Tuesday and stay a couple of days to help me catch up. With me being pregnant and Dan's hernia the furniture moving will have to wait until we get some family to come up and help move things around our 2 story house.

Wanted to add more. I got supper on the table and Rhiannon started yelling that Peyton was throwing up all over her dinner plate and floor. I got that mess cleaned up and DH gave her a bath. I went down and was putting in some laundry when I came up both Peyton and Hayden were standing in the kitchen crying. Peyton had gotten sick again and threw up all over baby brother. So got both them cleaned up and rocked Peyton until she fell asleep. I laid her down in their new bedroom ( with new carpet) and ten minutes later she was crying and I went in and she had thrown up all over her bed and the new carpet, guess we broke in the new carpet. She just came out into the living room and she curled up in DH's chair and is asleep. I will wait a bit and put her back to bed.

Isn't it great to be a wife and a mama somedays??

Again thanks for the support and love,

Stacie

girlsingardens

Comments (8)