SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyrosewalsh

Update On My DH- Trish

14 years ago

Well, surgery took 7 hours rather than 4, but I did get to see him 3 times for 20 minutes each. The first two times he could hear me and held my hand. He was still on a ventilator when they told me to go home. They were going to have him off the vent before I even made it out of the parking lot they said.

What a shocker though. I thought I was prepared, but I guess seeing someone you love like that just freaks you out a bit.

The 3rd time he had just been given some morphine so he was sleeping pretty good. He did wiggle his fingers at me a bit and tried to open his eyes but he was just not ready to come out yet. I actually wore out my cell phone battery with all the calls too.

I stopped by the store when Jim works to discover that they had started up a collection for us. As some of you may know, I lost my job back last year and have only been doing temp work recently. I started bawling like a big baby right in the middle of that store. We have some amazingly kind people in our little town.

So, Jim is doing well. They said he should be walking a bit by tomorrow and sitting in his chair. Then they can move him down to a normal room.

The KT prayer chain is doing its job! Thank you all so very much and I will keep updating. I am off to bed now!

Trish

Comments (39)