SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grandms

Trouble with an application

grandms
14 years ago

Just got home from helping a friend add more memory and hook up a new monitor to her computer and feeling pretty good. LOL! Went to my desktop comp and turned on the monitor. There was a message about an application oasrv.exe and something about memory. I clicked out of the message and tried to open a browser to Google and find out what this was. Could not open a browser, nor could I shut down normally. The HDD light was on steadily, not blinking at all, and everything seemed frozen up. Tried CAD, nada, so finally shut down using the power button. Found out using laptop that oasrv.exe is the main part of Online Armor, the firewall that I have been using on that computer. I have tried several times to access ANYTHING on the computer, but OA has me shut out completely, it seems. I'd like to remove this and put ZA back on this computer, but how can I when I can't get anything to respond, and the HDD light just stays lit solidly? Seems I'm always getting myself into trouble these days, but I really need help with this.

Comments (29)