SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

Any mortgage/credit experts out there?

sally2_gw
15 years ago

I can't believe this has happened - Friday the 13th, which is usually lucky for me, and Murphy's Law all rolled up into one big mess today for me and Dh. We're in the process of buying some property in Oklahoma. We have what's considered excellent credit rating. We've previously gotten pre-approval letters from 3 different institutions, our paperwork is all turned in today, great interest rate locked in, everything looks to be 'go,' closing's planned for March 9. Well, not so fast, thanks to a snafu from the city.

Waiting for me in my mailbox today when I got home from work was a letter from the city's revenue collection department telling us they trimmed our trees back on December 3, we have till Feb. 25 to pay, and, by the way, they've put a lein on our house until we pay. This is totally out of the blue. Yes, we did get a letter from them back in November telling us to clean up our alley, trim back the bushes and what-not, and Dh promptly did so. We heard nothing, and I mean nothing from them till today. I was totally stunned. I'm still stunned. I'm at a loss. And of course this has to happen on a Friday, so I have to stew all weekend about it. I don't know what to do. Yes, I'm going to go to the city offices at opening time Monday morning to straighten this out, but how do we prove we've never been billed, never been sent anything but the original letter telling us to clean up the alley?

Now for questions. Is this going to destroy our chance for the loan for this property? Is this going to ruin our credit rating? Do we need to hire a lawyer? Do we need to contact our loan officer? What do we do? Am I just in too much of a panic mode?

Thanks for any suggestions you all might have.

Sally

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting