SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brendamc_gw

Cabinet Issues - I Could Cry...

brendamc
15 years ago

Our original move-in date was early July. Up until yesterday it was Oct. 3rd, but now, who knows? The bid we accepted for our cabinets had all clear Alder and 'All-Wood' construction clearly spelled out. We've had so many delays and excuses, it's ridiculous, but the boxes were finally being installed yesterday.

After traveling all day Sunday with flight delays & off-boardings and... returning from my Father-In-Law's death and funeral, I ran up to the house to see my beautiful new cabinets and get psyched about something... They were all particle board construction and cherry melamine on the interiors - even my antique white Master Bath cabs! Some had a thin veneer that was finished the way we expected, but that was it. I came so close to crying I can't tell you.

Our builder is dealing with it & telling them they have to be re-done correctly and per their contract, but this all has really got me down & who knows when we'll be able to move in & stop paying two mortgages... Anyone have a similar situation so I don't feel so singled out?

Comments (19)