SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
djmoynihan

Our Unhappy Experience with Electrolux Ovens

djmoynihan
11 years ago

We purchased an EW30EW65GS double wall oven in August 2008 for $2,999 as part of a complete kitchen remodel.

In the less than 4 years we have owned the oven, we have had four service calls on the oven and are currently in need of our fifth. Here are the problems we've had:

In November 2008 the clock assembly went and was replaced under warranty. Parts of the numbers are missing again, but that is not our main concern at this time.

In April 2010, the upper oven would not heat. Our dealer was able to get Electrolux to make a "concession" regarding the replacement parts. The motor/blower and a switch were replaced. Even with the parts "concession", this repair cost us $198.00.

In September 2010, the lower oven failed. Our dealer replaced the element in the lower oven. Our dealer waived their labor charge and this repair cost us $182.95.

In December 2011, the upper oven failed again. I contacted Electrolux customer service and they refused to do anything to help as the oven was out of warranty. This repair cost us $397.57 in parts and labor.

Last week, the upper oven failed for a third time.

In a last ditch effort before buying new ovens of a different brand, I contacted Electrolux customer service one more time. The offered only a discount on parts and suggested that I should have purchased an extended warranty.

For perspective, all the other appliances we installed in our remodel have been great (Wolf LP cooktop, JennAir fridge, Bosch dishwasher, GE Monogram wine/beer fridges, Best hood).

I am extremely disappointed with our Electrolux ovens and Electrolux customer service.

In searching for replacement ovens, we are also finding that there are very few other ovens (Wolf, some Kitchenaid models) that will fit the cut out dimensions of the Electrolux without significant rework of our cabinets.

Comments (27)