SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
treasuretheday

Talk to me about niches... Input needed please!

treasuretheday
12 years ago

It's been several long months but we're finally able to get back to our master bath project. We had torn everything out to the studs, including the floor(!)

The plumber is coming to begin his rough work tomorrow so my husband and I are taking another look at our corner shower layout. We'll have a fixed showerhead (on a small wall to be built on the NE corner) and one on a slider bar on the west wall) Both sets of controls will be on the south wall so they will be easily reachable from the outside of the shower. A shower seat will be built on the NW corner instead of the shower head shown in the diagram.

I want to make sure to allow for one or more niches. Ideally, I don't want to see them from the outside of the shower because I love my products and don't want my warehouse club bottles featured prominently in my new shower. My options are either to put them on the east pony wall where they would be low but unseen or put them on the west wall where they would be facing the shower door. I could do both, I suppose, and just fill some prettier bottles for the niche facing the door but I'm not sure that would actually happen.

Do any of you have niches that are in a pony wall or are low for some other reason? Do you find that to be really a hassle? What would you recommend?

I really appreciate any input on my niches or the shower configuration in general.

Thanks so much!!

Comments (14)