SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dgkritch

Who Am I?

dgkritch
15 years ago

I thought it might be fun to share our other passions, likes, dislikes.

I was inspired by a thread on the Harvest Forum asking what we do for a living.

HereÂs a few questions/statements to get us started! If you copy the lines below and fill in the blanks, we can get to know each other even more!!

I pay the rent/mortgage by _______.

I love the smell of _________ cooking.

I canÂt stand the taste of ________.

My favorite thing to cook is _________.

My favorite thing to eat is __________.

In my free time I like to ________. (Jessy, be nice).

My favorite people to spend time with are _____________.

I would love to travel to __________.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a__________.

My favorite way to relax is________.

If there were more hours in the day I would __________.

If I won the lotto, I would __________.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me________.

***___________***___________***___________***____________***

IÂll start!!

I pay the rent/mortgage by doing documentation for a manufacturing firm. Twenty-one years and hoping to hang on!

I love the smell of bacon and bread cooking.

I canÂt stand the taste of liver! Blech!

My favorite thing to cook is anything baked, probably cookies first since I like to eat them!

My favorite thing to eat is Cookies, steak, creamy pasta/seafood dishes

In my free time I like to garden, can, read, quilt, craft.

My favorite people to spend time with are my family.

I would love to travel to someplace new. I donÂt have a big desire to travel out of the country, but I like to see the "local" life, what real people are all about.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a big pickup!

My favorite way to relax is reading or hand quilting/sewing and sleeping. I sleep when stressed and love a good nap.

If there were more hours in the day I would volunteer more, get some of my projects doneÂmaybe!

If I won the lotto, I would pay off all debts, then open a youth activity center in our small town. Quit my job and be a full-time homesteader!

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me.

Trying to be more self-sustaining. Recycling is important to me, but not to a lunatic obsession. IÂm trying to improve!

Alternative forms of energy interest me.

Lack of personal responsibility is a pet peeve.

There are lots of crafts I havenÂt tried that I would love to learn (see lotto questionÂLOL).

Mostly a homebody at heart and wish I could be there full time.

Deanna

Comments (29)

• annie1992
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by running the local Prosecutor's Office, but I farm because I love it.

I love the smell of fresh bread baking. Or cinnamon rolls, or anything with onions and garlic

I canÂt stand the taste of the red sauce people put on pizza.

My favorite thing to cook is soup.

My favorite thing to eat is bread, preferably with butter.

In my free time I like to ride my horse, play with my cattle, work in the garden, pretend I'm a "real" farmer.

My favorite people to spend time with are my family, my girls, my grandchildren especially. And, of course, Elery.

I would love to travel to Alaska. And Hawaii. And New Orleans. Lots of places.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a truck to pull my stock trailer and a camper for travelling.

My favorite way to relax is...um....I don't know how.

If there were more hours in the day I would get more things done, LOL.

If I won the lotto, I would keep farming until the money was gone.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me are sustainable agriculture, preserving our environment, alternative sources of energy, specially to heat our homes and run our vehicles. I can also go up like a firecracker when talking about political bureaucracy, the National Animal Identification Act, any violation of our constitutional rights. I tend to be intense, so I get passionate about a lot of things. You all didn't know that, did you? (grin)

Annie

• jojoco
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by selling real estate and hubby's job as a financial advisor

I love the smell of garlic cooking.

I canÂt stand the taste of walnuts.

My favorite thing to cook is cookies for someone else.

My favorite thing to eat is sauteed soft shell crabs.

In my free time I like to coach hockey.

My favorite people to spend time with are my family

I would love to travel to India.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a truck (just got one last month).

My favorite way to relax is a good book and a glass of wine.

If there were more hours in the day I would plan on cleaning (wouldn't actually do it, but would "plan".

If I won the lotto, I would buy summer cottages for my family near ours in CT.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me being a good role model to my kids, especially showing my teenage dd that strong women rock..

• Related Discussions

Who am I going to be.. I was supposed to be Estella

Q

Comments (11)
    Well, I had a bit of trouble posting pictures, Picasa lost all the links, but they're back now... My Benfica has finally opened all the way and what a beauty.. I just can't get the color right, have taken a dozen pictures and they all come out too purple...anyway, the color is a very, very dark velvet red, just lovely and it's a 6 "+ flower. In the pictures it looks just like my Red Pearl, but since they're not both out I can't compare...take a look and see if you still think it's Benfica.. Thanks, Donna These were taken without flash and I still couldn't get the color right! Here is Red Pearl:
    ...See More

' Who am I ???' please help since I am hungry...

Q

Comments (8)
    It could be one of the oakworms, Sue, probably the spiny oakworm/anisota stigma. This cat is highly variable in coloring, but it has the long, red-spotted purple style "horns" that few moths have. If it were me, I'd offer it some oak leaves - still, it may not eat them, because when you see caterpillars wandering around they're usually going to pupate/cocoon. MissSherry
    ...See More

Who am I? I'm not 24601

Q

Comments (7)
    Don't know this one, sorry...but all the above say Guacamole, so probably that one. It's pretty nice, whatever it is. Don B.
    ...See More

Hi! I'm.... wait.... who am I?

Q

Comments (17)
    Of course you don’t discipline the child and there’s nothing wrong with participating in major holidays. But I would take a step back from the household duties and party planning. Dad can do his kid’s laundry and cook dinner once in a while. Also, let him handle the party planning for the birthdays. Sorry, but you sound like a cook and maid - do you work? Don’t feel that your taking a step back means you don’t care. What Kroopy and others are trying to warn you against is doing too much. It sounds like you do A LOT and while right now you say you’re okay with that, are you still going to be okay with doing ALL the household chores while dear ole SO sits and watches TV? Think about it, if you weren’t there, he’d have to do it all by himself. What would he do then? Right now you might not see anything wrong with the way things are, but doing all the work around the house, becoming maid, cook and chaffuer for a kid that isn’t even yours is going to get old after a while. You’ll start to feel unappreciated and resentment will start to set in. Remember, if you and SO were to break up, you’d have no legal rights to this child. All this time, energy and emotion you’ve invested in this child can be taken away at any time. So many times I’ve read on forums like these of women who put their heart and soul into caring for their step children, only to have it blow up in their faces. If the two adults break up, the SM has no rights to seeing that child anymore. Or one day the child starts to hate you for the simple fact that you are not his mother even though you've been caring for him for years like a mother. You think he'd never do that, but I've read of it happening. That is what folks are trying to warn you about. I would just let SO know that you feel that you are taking over too much of the parenting duties and you’re going to “let” SO do the lion’s share of the parenting. Say that you are doing this BEFORE resentment starts to build. It’s not that you don’t love SO and care for his child, but you realize that you are doing too much and dad needs to step up and be a dad to his son. Stress that it’s about dad being a dad to his son, not that you don’t want to do anything for his son. And remind him that if you weren’t there, he’d have to do it all on his own anyway. He’d have to figure out a way to pick his son up if you weren’t in the picture. He’d have to do all the cooking, cleaning and laundry himself. Of course, you don't have to go cold turkey, but I'd definately find ways to step back a little.
    ...See More
  • prairie_love
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by working as a faculty member in microbiology at the medical school. I teach, do research.

I love the smell of garlic sauteing in butter and olive oil.

I canÂt stand the taste of lima beans and sweet potatoes.

My favorite thing to cook is bread.

My favorite thing to eat is a perfectly ripe peach (or strawberry) while sitting in the sunshine, kicking my bare feet.

In my free time I like to do agility with my dogs, garden (both veggie and flower), read.

My favorite people to spend time with are my dogs. And my husband, but he comes in a distant second.

I would love to travel BACK to Australia. Went there two years ago and loved it. Also Italy, Greece, Alaska, I like to travel so there are a lot of places I want to go.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a .. well, I just got a new RAV4, so I'm not sure I'm allowed to want a new vehicle just yet. I love the RAV.

My favorite way to relax is good book, glass of wine, jazz, fire. All at the same time of course.

If there were more hours in the day I would exercise more.

If I won the lotto, I would travel. Did I mention above that I love to travel?

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me are ... I'm also concerned about the environment and sustainability. Animal welfare is a concern. Keeping our food supply safe (or maybe now I should say, making it safer). A rant is the huge amount of mis-information on the web and how easily people believe everything they read. I would love to find a way to educate the public about how to evaluate information. Another rant is the anti-science sentiment that has become so prevalent in our society (of course, I am a scientist so I take it a bit personally).

Fun thread and great for a newbie/lurker like me. Thanks.

Ann_F

• doucanoe
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by hand writing a check to the bank each month. No online bill-pay for me! Oh, and I work part time at a job I don't like and part time as a self employed travel consultant.

I love the smell of bread baking.

I canÂt stand the taste of liver and lima beans.

My favorite thing to cook is pasta dishes.

My favorite thing to eat is salmon or pasta or anything creamy and rich (hence my waistline...)

In my free time I like to garden, cook, make jewelry, make cards, watch old movies.

My favorite people to spend time with are my kids, my husband, my dogs and my girlfriends.

I would love to travel to Italy.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a small sized pick-up truck. I love my old RAV4, but when it's dead, I'll get a small truck.

My favorite way to relax is soaking in a hot tub or watching a thunderstorm pass overhead from the safety of my covered porch.

If there were more hours in the day I would probably have a clean house!

If I won the lotto, I would blow half and invest half!

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me:I want to speak fluent French, I live for my annual girls canoe trip, lots of rants and raves, but nothing I feel empowered to change-mostly political crap, wasteful spending and the fact that we are facing historic unemployment levels but they keep shipping American jobs to other countries!

Linda

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by working for textile company as an events coordinator.

I love the smell of bread cooking.

I canÂt stand the taste of big old honkin' dried lima beans.

My favorite thing to cook is bread and soup.

My favorite thing to eat is cheese toast.

In my free time I like to sew/quilt/embroider and watch Neflix movies.

My favorite people to spend time with are my boys and my friends.

I would love to travel to Italy.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a Subaru Forrester.

My favorite way to relax is sack out on the sofa with the pup curled up behind my knees.

If there were more hours in the day I would get more done!

If I won the lotto, I would share my winnings with my family and friends, give some of it away where it would do some good for others, fund a scholarship for mothers, build me my little dream cottage in the country where I can have a garden and some chickens, and travel.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me: funny, I used to have dreams and passions, but now I just try hang in there and not become a bag lady next month.

• User
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by , thankfully that is all done and I am so grateful.

I love the smell of garlic and onions cooking.

I canÂt stand the taste of licorice.

My favorite thing to cook is a big turkey dinner for the family.

My favorite thing to eat is chicken wings......so bad!

In my free time I like to , well actually I'm a hooker , seriously I love to hook ; ).

My favorite people to spend time with are my husband and my kids.

I would love to travel to Italy, Greece, France and Spain...but right now I'd give anything to be following my daughter around Australia ! She may not be quite as enthusiastic.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be , could care a less, don;t even know what the makes are but reliable would be good.

My favorite way to relax is, being at my cottage.

If there were more hours in the day I would .... there are enough hours in the day. I just need to enjoy each of them more.

If I won the lotto, I would buy each of my kids a house.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me:

I want to live long and healthy with my best friend at my side. I wish the world could figure out how to live in peace with each other, it scares the hell out of me what our children will face. I want to live in a greener world, one that respects our environment, it is such a gift. More than anything else I want Sara to be whole again....and I'd give up all the other wants for that.

• trsinc
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by nothing, right now, but I used to be a secretary. Hubby pays for it.

I love the smell of onions cooking in bacon grease.

I canÂt stand the taste of beets.

My favorite thing to cook is gumbo.

My favorite thing to eat is crabs (that's a treat) more often is mashed potatoes.

In my free time I like to work in the garden, read CF, piddle around the house.

My favorite people to spend time with are my husband and gardening friends.

I would love to travel to Alaska, then Greece, then anywhere.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a hybrid that gets 50 mpg.

My favorite way to relax is curled up in bed with my dog, a glass of wine, and a scary movie.

If there were more hours in the day I would worry about the effect of so much sun on my plants, lol.

If I won the lotto, I would build our dream house on 100 acres of land and start an herb farm, wheat field, flour mill, etc. Then I would start a not for profit foundation to build facilities for stray cats and dogs. This would have to be a very large lottery, lol.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me are the environment, and the quality of life for American people.

• sands99
    15 years ago

well now I know how chase really paid off the mortgage...I need to find some free time!

• dgkritch
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Chase..........I think we're gonna need pictures!!
    And I was worried about Jessy..... :-)

Deanna (having fun reading)

• claire_de_luna
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by being a kept woman, and make no excuses for it.
    I love the smell of bread baking, onions and garlic cooking and warm cookies or cupcakes from the oven.
    I canÂt stand the taste of mushrooms.
    My favorite thing to cook is really to bake; I have a serious thing for cupcakes.
    My favorite thing to eat are things I'm not supposed to, of course!
    In my free time I like to cook, garden, read, watch movies, be with friends.
    My favorite people to spend time with are those who love me best, my husband and dog.
    I would love to travel to Australia and New Zealand, France, Italy, Ireland and anywhere coastal.
    My next vehicle will be a Mini Cooper, so I can fit it into my garage!
    My favorite way to relax is to watch a good movie, garden or hang out by the water.
    If there were more hours in the day...you know, the days are long enough, and I'm content with the current system.
    If I won the lotto, I would travel and look for a little place near a large body of water.
    Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me: World Peace of course!

• wizardnm
    15 years ago

I have no rent/mortgage to worry about.

I love the smell of baking almost anything.

I canÂt stand the taste of spinach.

My favorite thing to bake are yeast breads and pies.

My favorite thing to eat is bread.

In my free time I like to oil paint, play on the computer and of course cook.

My favorite people to spend time with are Kim and David.

I would love to travel to Hawaii, I love it there, have already visited several times.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be from GM but it has to be AWD, good on mileage, and look sharp. I'm going to look soon. Will probably end up with another Subaru...

My favorite way to relax is in the lake...swimming, on my floaty, in a boat or sitting on the dock.

If there were more hours in the day I would...could all my extra hours be in the summer? Winter is long enough.

If I won the lotto, I would buy a new boat and travel more.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me, just want my health to continue to be great.

Nancy

• Gina_W
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by self-employment.

I love the smell of steaks cooking.

I canÂt stand the taste of liver.

My favorite thing to cook is anything. I love cooking.

My favorite thing to eat is crunchy salty stuff.

In my free time I like to read.

My favorite people to spend time with are my best friend (DH) and dog (dogs are people too you know).

I would love to travel to? Traveled much already. I would like to travel to do specific things - eat at Le Cirque 2000 in NYC, attend fashion shows in Paris, NYC and Milan, snorkel in Australia, take a cooking class in Tuscany, learn about running a winery in Napa, etc.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a cute scooter to ride around the beach.

My favorite way to relax is read a book.

If there were more hours in the day I would read more books, cook more.

If I won the lotto, I would help family members without giving them welfare, buy an haute couture wardrobe and travel to places I could wear it, hire a personal Italian chef, have a full-time housekeeper, buy a getaway in Hawaii, invest in start-up businesses - the small businesses that are the backbone of our country.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me -- I didn't put enough above? LOL. I'm trying not to rant about things anymore - not good for one's health.

• Terri_PacNW
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage with my husbands paycheck.

I love the smell of bread and steaks.

I canÂt stand the taste of olives.

My favorite thing to cook is alot of things, but I prefer baking.
    My favorite thing to eat is in season fruits and berries, and good beef!

In my free time I like to piddle around on the computer, make candles, sew, garden and hang out with kids.

My favorite people to spend time with are my hubby and boys.

I would love to travel to just about anywhere but Disney!

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a something non "mommy".

My favorite way to relax is to bake.

If there were more hours in the day I would have time to exercise!

If I won the lotto, I would enlarge my house, and put in a new drain field.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me. I have quite a few things that "Bother" me..but I try to let them go. I like seeing my kids succeed.

• sands99
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by pimping out Chase

I love the smell of bacon coffee and onions cooking.

I canÂt stand the taste of Crow.

My favorite thing to cook is whole filet mignon on the grill with bernaise.

My favorite thing to eat is shellfish.

In my free time I like to hook, hell I have a mortgage to pay!

My favorite people to spend time with are Andrew and Matthew - my babies

I would love to travel to the South Pacific, been to the caribbean many times but...

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a_duplicate of my Jeep GC! been driving a grand cherokee 16 yrs not bailing now! Love my heated seats!

My favorite way to relax is__huh?______.

If there were more hours in the day I would do more crosswords on the treadmill

If I won the lotto, I would _pay all my family's mortgages so they had freedom_________.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me I wish I would have gone to med school instead of engineering but I think I'll go back to school anyway, use your blinkers, put yourself in someone elses shoes. Appreciate life!

• bri29
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by designing portable data terminals- I know, it's not a very enlightening description, but that's the easiest one!

I love the smell of any sort of bread baking.

I canÂt stand the taste of olives, liver, lima beans and salt.

My favorite thing to cook is anything I get to bake.

My favorite thing to eat is strawberries or raspberries right from the field.

In my free time I like to read, cook, sew, cross-stitch, work around the house, hike, camp, swim and SLEEP!

I would love to travel to Italy, Germany, aw heck all of Europe (or depending on the size of the lotto prize the whole world!)

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a full electric car.

My favorite way to relax is... Relax? What's that? There are always sixteen things on the list to do, who has time to relax?

If there were more hours in the day I would sleep more.

If I won the lotto, I would buy my dad the Jag he's always wanted and either a Dehavilland Beaver on floats or a helicopter, pay off my mortgage and send my nephews to college. Then if there's still money left over I'd travel the world.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me- there are just too many things to rant and rave about, it's not worth getting all worked up over.

• girlsingardens
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by _Staying at home and enjoying my kids, then paying the rent with Dh's paycheck.

I love the smell of anyone else's cooking.Sometimes I just get sick of being the only one who cooks, and any time we go to someonelses house or out to eat is great.

I canÂt stand the taste of burnt toast. Rhiannon is so bad when she has toast it has to be very lightly toasted.

My favorite thing to cook is a spaghetti dinner with salad and garlic bread. When I was in college in the dorms we used to have a kitchen on each floor. We would go shopping and make this in the kitchen. Spaghetti has to be my favorite meal.

My favorite thing to eat is Candy, not fancy stuff, but pez and pixie sticks.There is nothing like pure sugar to get through the day.

In my free time I like to read, I always have a book that I am reading on. (Jessy, be nice).

My favorite people to spend time with are my husband and children.They love me and I love them, enough said.

I would love to travel to Europe someday. DH was in Italy and France when he was in the Navy and didn't like it. I would love to get out and go.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a houseboat, I always thought that would be so cool, but with the kids wouldn't work out well.

My favorite way to relax is sitting and enjoying the quiet. After a long day and all the kids, noise, and Dora on the TV, I love to turn off the tv and get on the computer or read a book, or spend alone time with DH (be quiet Jessy).

If there were more hours in the day I would Sleep, Hudson doesn't sleep through the night and one or the other of the kids usually gets up in the morning.

If I won the lotto, I would Build my dream house, a 3 story Victorian house with a huge kitchen. I would love to have an old house but after living in a 90 year old house now, I would like bigger bathrooms and kitchen, and not have the wind blow through the house. I would also help my parents out like they have helped me. If I won millions of dollars I would build the school a new gym.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me:
    ***I love to garden and preserve food for my family and friends.***Sometimes I miss being a teacher, getting out and having adult conversation and my own money would be nice.
    ***I love grocery shopping, when we go on vacation I have to stop at grocery stores and see if they have things that are different than what I can get at home and always bring at least 2 grocery bags full of goodies home.***My only complaint is those who meddle in someone elses business, like they don't have anything better to do.***

• triciae
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by trying to support DH & making sure the household runs smoothly.

I love the smell of roast chicken in the oven, bread baking, & chocolate chip cookies.

I canÂt stand the taste of green peppers. Blech!

My favorite thing to cook is roast chicken dinner with all of the trimmings. I prefer baking, especially breads.

My favorite thing to eat is mashed potatoes (no gravy) for comfort, grapes for snacks, & my favorite meal is most anything that I didn't have to cook. I'm one of those people who when finished preparing a meal is sick of looking at it & doesn't want to eat! Fortunately, I love leftovers.

In my free time I like to play my piano, work on my genealogy, read (non-fiction, usually), garden, & write.

My favorite people to spend time with are my family especially DH. We are sole mates.

I would love to travel to my ancestral village about 30 miles northwest of Saratov, Russia. I would like to pray in the church where my grandfather was baptized & attended school, pay my respects at the cemetery, take my hand-drawn map & see if any of the buildings grandpa drew are still there.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a new Nordic Tug (hey, dream large!).

My favorite way to relax is either at my piano or in the garden.

If there were more hours in the day I would go back to school.

If I won the lotto, I would establish a foundation to fund the education of battered/abused women through my local Women's Crisis.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me...people with closed minds/attitudes frustrate me; I deplore violence & have chosen that issue as my lifetime "mountain" (watching somebody be shot or blown up is NOT entertainment, IMO); & cruelty to animals.

/tricia

• vacuumfreak
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by check (I was going to say that first, but Linda beat me to it!). The only bill I write a check for, everything else is online. To get money into my account, I set appointments for timeshare presentations.

I love the smell of anything with bbq sauce cooking.

I canÂt stand the taste of collard greens or sauerkraut.

My favorite thing to cook is a bacon, eggs, pancakes, and fresh OJ breakfast.

My favorite things to eat are crab cakes.

In my free time I like to bake, play with my cat Jasper, or get new vacuum cleaners for my ever growing collection.

My favorite "people" to spend time with are my is Jasper. People are OK, but sometimes demanding or unreliable... the cat is just pure unconditional love.

I would love to travel to to meet more cooking forum members! I've never really traveled before, so I'm not ambitious in that area. Might be fun to go to NY or CA sometime. Traveling abroad would scare the daylights out of me.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a Saab 9-3 or Acura TSX... though I'd wait to pay cash for it because I don't believe in car payments.

My favorite way to relax is to veg in front of the TV watching classic sitcoms.

If there were more hours in the day I would keep a cleaner house (apartment), exercise more (or exercise SOME, anything is more than nothing).

If I won the lotto, I would buy a nice home with amazing appliances and open a homeless shelter that specialized in getting people off the streets and back on their feet. And maybe a vacuum shop on the side!

Dreams: To finish college once the economy settles. Maybe I should settle on a major first! I'd also like to learn Spanish, especially since I live in FL... if for no other reason than to tell my neighbors, "Turn that darn music down, people are trying to sleep!" I cannot communicate with many of the people I encounter on a daily basis because I don't speak their language

Rants/Raves: (Pet Peeves) People (especially employees) who smoke right outside the entrances to stores and buildings. I also have a problem with people who think there is something wrong with gay people or that gay people should not have the same rights as everyone else.

• Lars
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by designing high-end furniture. (Somewhat frivolous, but it's what I do.)

I love the smell of Pad Thai cooking.

I canÂt stand the taste of sweet pickles or anything made with them.

My favorite thing to cook is pizza.

My favorite thing to eat is crab.

In my free time I [would] like to swim, providing there is a nice place to do it. I need my own pool.

My favorite people to spend time with are artists, like my brother, or anyone creative.

I would love to travel to Italy, Greece, and Barbatos.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a flying saucer (I don't know much about cars).

My favorite way to relax is in warm water.

If there were more hours in the day I would have to get used to longer days. Once that happened, I might do more sewing projects.

If I won the lotto, I would have to find out whether it amounted to enough money to buy a house - how big is this lotto? The house across the street from me sold for $2.8 mil, and I would want something nicer.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me: I don't like it when the TV camera zooms in on faces so that the top of the head is cut off and also part of the chin. I have a 48" HD widescreen TV, and this is way too much detail for me. I also hate annoying music in movies, especially Spielberg movies and in Titanic. Bad grammar bothers me, particularly the use of "less" when "fewer" should be used, and I hate it when every other sentence contains the word "actually". I am also appalled at salaries and bonuses of CEOs for companies that expect bailouts.

Lars

• susie_que
    15 years ago

I like these threads!!
    I pay the rent/mortgage by..Working at a supermarket customer service desk, running the photo lab and food demo gal.

I love the smell of roast chicken cooking.

I canÂt stand the taste of cool ranch doritos.

My favorite thing to cook is soup, stew and bread.

My favorite thing to eat is mashed potatoes or a fresh picked tomato.

In my free time I like to take care of my elderly mom, hang out with my kids-they grow so fast!! I also like to garden, scrapbook and watch decorating shows LOL. (Jessy, be nice).

My favorite people to spend time with are kind and funny.

I would love to travel to Italy like many others here but propbably the trip I WILL do before I die is to rent an RV and travel all the back roads of the original 48 and Canada.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a...Not really sure, I love my santa fe so I'd probably just get the same.

My favorite way to relax is exercise-no really its really very relaxing to get in a good workout!!.

If there were more hours in the day I would spend more time with my mom just listening.

If I won the lotto, I would tithe and then make a whole lot of people happy.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me...Dreams-I would be in a safe home and a friendly community. Passions-talking to my younger friends about the dangers of driving drunk. Rants-well I would have to echo what Bobby said-equal rights for everyone no matter who you share your soul with, where you come from, the color of your skin, the faith you follow or the disability or illness you have!!
    Raves-well I would give raves to all the folks here who dispite never meeting most of you, I can turn my computer on just about anytime of the day or night and read, vent, laugh and cry and know that you all are there to support me and each other with open arms.

Cheers!
    Susie

• centralcacyclist
    15 years ago

I pay the mortgage with graphic design and illustration for the wine industry.

I love the smell of bread baking, nothing beats it.

I canÂt stand the taste of raw onions, lima beans, runny eggs.

My favorite thing to cook is biscotti.

My favorite thing to eat is anything shared with friends.

In my free time I like to read this forum.

My favorite people to spend time with are da kids.

I would love to travel everywhere.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be brand new.

My favorite way to relax is a glass of wine at the end of the day.

If there were more hours in the day I would finish my knitting project.

If I won the lotto, I would pay debts then treat my friends and loved ones to fun gifts. I'd like to travel.

I find rants very tedious so I'd rather not. I'm passionate about my children and to a lesser degree - my work. I dream of living in a house with a beach view.

• sheshebop
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by living off the hard earned diollars of my sweet hubby.

I love the smell of Thanksgiving and fresh mown grass and Lake Michigan breezes

I canÂt stand the taste of lima beans and okra.

My favorite thing to cook is desserts.

My favorite thing to eat fettucine alfredo.

In my free time I like to read, quilt, play word games, do cryptograms, play online games, play SIMS, bake

I would love to travel to Italy again. I loved the Amalfi Coast.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be ...don't give a hoot about vehicles. I will drive the one I have till it literally falls apart.

My favorite way to relax is reading.

If there were more hours in the day I would read more than 2-3 books a week.

If I won the lotto, I would pay off all debts, pay off my childrens debt, set up college funds for my grandkids, and give a whole bunch away to truly needy people.

Honesty and communication.

Getting together with forum friends (really)
    Learning to play an instrument.

Being important to my grandkids.

Sherry

• gbsim1
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by.... thankfully, we are past that point! I've been able to stay home and not work since my first son was born. DH Joe is hoping to retire in a year or so but is in the insurance field.

I love the smell of breakfast (cinnamon rolls, bacon, sausage, toast, coffee....mmmmm) cooking.

I canÂt stand the taste of lamb.

My favorite thing to cook is layer birthday cakes for my sons. Usually chocolate for #1, lemon or caramel for #2, lemon meringue pie (NOT cake) for #3 and red velvet for #4.

My favorite thing to eat is .... Does anyone really have a favorite?? too many choices depends on the season and my frame of mind......

In my free time I like to ride my horse, garden, read, watch a movie, go out to eat.

My favorite people to spend time with are several "old" friends and of course my own family.

I would love to travel to Italy, Scotland and Africa.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be.... I got my dream fun car last year... a blue Mini Cooper Clubman.

My favorite way to relax is playing board games or cards with family.

If there were more hours in the day I would have my house and property spotless, repaired and weedfree.

If I won the lotto, I would hire a housekeeper and help with the gardens, buy a second home with a barn and access to trails in a national forest, put my kids who want to go through graduate school, donate to my church's mission funds and travel like a madwoman!

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me. No time for rants... life's too short! Passions are my love for my four sons....I hope that one day I'll become a Grandma! If I had one dream or "genie wish", it would be to turn back the hands of time and spend 1 hour for each of my children to about the time when they were the age of 18 months. I'd like to spend an hour with each son.... rocking, smelling, stroking their curls, listening to their babble, holding hands and just fixing in my mind what they were like when they were young babes. Then I'd come back to the present time and give the 6'6" fellows a hug now..... sometimes it is so hard to connect the big men with the little fellows that they once were!

Grace

• Gina_W
    15 years ago

Guess it would be hard to hold a 6'6" bruiser on your lap Grace, LOL! Sounds like you are more than ready to get some grandkids on your lap!

• annie1992
    15 years ago

Grace, put that palomino Morgan in a trailer and come visit, my farm is right next to the Manistee National Forest and less than a mile from the groomed trails the state maintains for horses. Campground too, just ready for visitors.

I don't use the trails, I just ride around my own property, herd the cattle for the heck of it and let every little kid in the neighborhood take a couple of laps around the training pen. (grin)

Hey, if you come to visit, I'll let you play with The Monkey Princess and Bruvver! Oh, and I have a great niece that's 5 months old and a great nephew that's 3 months old, you could rock both of those.....

Annie

• riverrat1
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by.... Letting my wonderful DH indulge me. I could help but he says no.

I love the smell of My Granddaughter.

I canÂt stand the taste/texture of sweetbreads.

My favorite thing to cook is grilling outdoors, ribs, loins, vegetables.

My favorite thing to eat is .... dessert

In my free time I like to play with my granddaughter, garden, read, watch a movie.

My favorite people to spend time with are several "old" friends and of course my own family.

I would love to travel to Peru, Canary Islands, Greece.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be.... one with a GPS and on star telephone.

My favorite way to relax is reading.

If there were more hours in the day I would excercise more.

If I won the lotto, I would pay off the few debts we have, pay for private school for all grandchildren, help out the school that I serve on as School Board, help out our local community services for women, make sure each of our children have a house and education that is paid in full.

No time for ranting except the current crises our country is in.

Passions are my grandchild, children and DH. I love to read and cook.

• okie_redhead
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by OFFICE MANAGER OF A TRUCKING COMPANY

I love the smell of BREAD cooking.

I canÂt stand the taste of LIVER YUCK!

My favorite thing to cook is DECORATED CAKES

My favorite thing to eat is SUMMER BBQ

In my free time I like to READ, I GO TO THE LIBRARY AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK

My favorite people to spend time with are MY HUSBAND AND MY 1 1/2 YEAR OLD NEPHEW

I would love to travel to NIAGRA FALLS

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be THE 1969 CANDY APPLE RED MUSTAND THAT MY DAD GAVE ME (I SOLD IT WHEN I WAS 18)

My favorite way to relax is SWIMMING

If there were more hours in the day I would SPEND IT OUTSIDE

If I won the lotto, I would TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me. DREAM= TO HAVE A CHILD, AND THAT ALL INFERTILITY COULD BE CURED AND IF NOT CURED AT LEAST MADE MORE AFORDABLE!

MELISSA

• bunnyman
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by leading production lines in the auto industry... I'm also safety committee, first responder, environmental auditor, and lead TS 16949 auditor. I farm Christmas trees after work.

I love the smell of chili cooking.

I canÂt stand the taste of raw tomatoes.

My favorite thing to cook is chili.

My favorite thing to eat is grilled meat.

In my free time I like to dress in drag.

My favorite people to spend time with are friends and family.

I would love to travel to China.

IÂd love for my next vehicle to be another sports car.

My favorite way to relax is by petting my cats.

If there were more hours in the day I would have to work more.

If I won the lotto, I would not tell anyone. Probably send a couple teenage/twentyish friends to school. I'd love to play Secret Santa kind of games.

Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me________.

I would like to get back into politics someday. I have a Degree in Social Science from the study of legal and political theory... with a cognate in business(finance and banking) and minors in psychology, sociology, political science, economics, and theater. I would not mind being a permanent student.

: )
    lyra

• pkramer60
    15 years ago

I pay the rent/mortgage by _______. All paid up, TG!
    I love the smell of onions and garlic or desserts cooking.
    I canÂt stand the taste of brocolli.
    My favorite thing to cook is dinner
    My favorite thing to eat is everything, donÂt make me pick.
    In my free time I like to garden or read
    My favorite people to spend time with are close friends and family
    I would love to travel to South America.
    IÂd love for my next vehicle to be a Jaguar, bottle green.
    My favorite way to relax is pulling weeds.
    If there were more hours in the day I would get more done!
    If I won the lotto, I would be so happy I donÂt know what I would do first.
    Other dreams, passions, rants, raves that are important to me ________.