Slightly OT - Lots of Ann/Annie/Anne's on this Forum?
17 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (87)
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
Related Discussions
WANTED: Ann T. really needs a salute right now
Comments (51)A voice from the past, Ann, raising a toast to you! I haven't been on for a number of months except to lurk now and then for a few minutes. I miss the swaps! I need to come back and post so I can play again! Ann, you always inspire me with your photos--they are the first things I look for when I'm scolling through. What a gift you are to all of us! Lifting a glass of ice water (soon to be a G&T) to you! (It's 7:20pm here--the eclipsed moon is well over the yard arm!)...See MoreHey! Ann T. is on the first page of Foodgawker!
Comments (45)Thank you all for your kind words and support. Annie, every photo accepted by Foodgawker starts out on the first page and moves down. I didn't mention the Blog because I figure you all get enough of me as it is on the Cooking forum and the last thing you need is another Blog to read. Ann...See MoreSlightly OT, Are some dinners/occasions more "china-worthy"?
Comments (48)The advantages of having kids and grandkids! Well, well trained ones, if you can get them! Even a SO will do in a pinch! If I had lived there, I probably would have been able to finish everything the morning after the party. Also, I spent quite a bit of time the next day dealing with an issue that came up with my elderly father, whom I am quasi caring for at yet another place. How I long for the stability of one home and one town that I live in rather than endless packing and being on the road. I can say from my perspective, one of the reasons china and other dishes that need to be carefully washed and stored are not popular now days is because folks are so busy, many working two jobs and trying to care for children and/or elderly parents and also many folks single and not living near friends or family, also moving around a lot to follow work or on the road commuting long distances, so just not having the extra time or energy. I know folks worked a lot in the past, but the constant moving I think has always been an impediment to having lots of nice, fragile things, as well as having the time to entertain. Back when mom entertained a lot, she was not working, she stayed home and enjoyed doing those kinds of things. But still, yes it was fun while it lasted, lots of fun and I so wish that kind of experience was more available to me. It used to be when I just worked full time one job and lived and worked in one place, I used to have dinner parties quite often, as some old timers on here will remember....See MoreAustin's Princess Anne reviews
Comments (96)I guess I should update my review on this rose. When I wrote my last review earlier in this thread, I had only had Princess Anne for a few months . 2024 will be her third year here in z11, and I have become quite frustrated with the princess. PA is an incredibly healthy plant. She's never had any disease and withstands heat and wind like a champ. HOWEVER... She's just not blooming. Last year she gave maybe six blooms for the spring flush and then a few sparsely scattered throughout the year. Of course I tried upping the fertilizer but nothing could convince her to bloom. This year, all my roses have either started blooming or are covered in buds, but PA continues to put out only foliage. Oh sure, it's lovely, glossy, perfectly healthy foliage... But no trace of any blooms to come. I hate to do away with such a healthy plant, so I'll give her more time, but I think this might be a rose that needs a real winter to bloom properly....See More- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 16 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years agolast modified: 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 9 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
Related Stories

PAINTINGWhat to Know About Milk Paint and Chalk Paint — and How to Use Them
Learn the pros, cons, cost and more for these two easy-to-use paints that are great for giving furniture a vintage look
Full Story
FURNITUREForever Furniture: A Buyer’s Guide to the Dining Table
There comes a time when a make-do piece of furniture won’t do. We give you a leg up on choosing the right table for you
Full Story
COLOR10 Pair-Ups for Black in the Kitchen
Combine black with other colors to add drama, polish and modernity. It also can make a kitchen look more spacious
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN10 Ways to Design a Kitchen for Aging in Place
Design choices that prevent stooping, reaching and falling help keep the space safe and accessible as you get older
Full Story
DECKSDecking Materials Beyond Basic Lumber
Learn about softwoods, tropical hardwoods, composites and more for decks, including pros, cons and costs
Full Story
BACKYARD IDEAS7 Backyard Sheds Built With Love
The Hardworking Home: Says one homeowner and shed builder, ‘I am amazed at the peace and joy I feel when working in my garden shed’
Full Story
FEEL-GOOD HOMESimple Pleasures: 10 Ideas for a Buy-Less Month
Save money without feeling pinched by taking advantage of free resources and your own ingenuity
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESContractor Fees, Demystified
Learn what a contractor’s markups cover — and why they’re worth it
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN5 Favorite Granites for Gorgeous Kitchen Countertops
See granite types from white to black in action, and learn which cabinet finishes and fixture materials pair best with each
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES25 Design Trends Coming to Homes Near You in 2016
From black stainless steel appliances to outdoor fabrics used indoors, these design ideas will be gaining steam in the new year
Full Story
annie1992