SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
captain_ed

Best gas range for lazy cook

captain_ed
15 years ago

I must redo my kitchen. I have never had a gas range, but I have been told they are better than electric ranges. I love to cook, and cook every day, although nothing really fancy. Most of my cooking is outside on my grill, because I like grilled food, and it does not require any cleaning (other than running the temp up to full before each session, to cook off the residue from the last meal.) I intend to sell my home in 6 to 24 months, so I don't want to do something that will not pay for itself, but I also want to go with a high quality choice. I am a messy cook, and I hate cleaning up. So, my main concern is to buy something that will give me great cooking quality, but that will also be easy to make attractive when I do sell. I am leaning toward something like a Wolf DF304, DF366, DF364c, DF364G, r304, r366, r364c, or r364g. But, I know that there are plenty of similar offerings from GE, Viking, and others. Does anyone have any advice as to what to buy, or what to avoid, given that I am not a particularly neat cook, and want to be able to make whatever I buy look real nice when I sell my house in 6 to 24 months?

Comments (7)