SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beenie130

Stuck on tile flooring choices - need your creativity

beenie130
14 years ago

My downstairs bath will be ready for tile next week and I would love to make a decision soon. Am having trouble settling on a design. I want it to be classic and pretty but not a maintenance nightmare.

One choice is an onyx and carrera marble mosaic border that I was going to use as a floor border. I love it with carrera marble for the rest of the floor, but I may regret that choice considering I have kids and this is the only first floor bath. Was thinking about using a border on the wall with white subway tile, but not sure if that will be too busy looking.

Am also thinking of a black and white 1" hex with a flower pattern but am wondering about how much maintenance a predominantly white floor would be.

My husband loves the opulence of the onyx border, as do I, but I am having a hard time making it work. I tried a faux marble tile but it looks to grey and drab. If I did use the border on the wall, what would I do with the floor? Pics are below.. Any help/direction is greatly appreciated... I have been staring at this for too long. dimensions of the floor are 5 by 6.5 feet.

views of bathroom

border on floor, option 1 (3 inches)

border option 2 (4 inches)

Comments (16)