SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sriston

Laptop monitor is blurry

sriston
15 years ago

I searched the forum before posting but I could not find anything, so I am posting in the hopes that you all can help me "think" on this problem.

I have a HP Pavilion ze4900 notebook computer. I have Windows XP Home, fully updated. My machine has 2 GB of RAM. It is virus and spyware free (thanks to Avira and Spybot). It is in excellent condition. I use Firefox 3 (fully updated) and the only extension I use for it is AdBlock.

A couple of months ago, I began experiencing monitor problems. My monitor is blurry at times, making it almost impossible to read what is on it. At other times it is crystal clear. This blurriness will come and go during the course of use.

I updated my Intel drivers. I also rolled back the drivers to the original one. No difference- still the same problem.

There are no red lines across the monitor, and other than the intermittent blurriness, there are no problems at all with the monitor. It never fails to come on, etc. Nothing at all to indicate the monitor itself is playing out (none of the "usual" symptoms as I understand them). I have Googled this problem, and I have come up with nothing that sounds like what I am experiencing. I did see some suggestions that it could be caused by interference. I do know that it isn't caused by overheating as it does it whether it is on my Belkin laptop cooling pad or not.

I connect to the internet wirelessly. We have satellite internet and I am on our home network. We have a Vonage wireless router.

I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Susan

Comments (11)