SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Adding more items to Firefox Toolbar & organizing bookmarks

lynnalexandra
15 years ago

I love having my frequently visited/open sites on a toolbar running along the top in Firefox. But I only seem to be able to fit in 9 places. There are a few things I'd like to do, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

1 - can I add a second line for toolbar items?

2- can I make the items smaller - more compressed - so I can fit in more on one line?

3 - can I change the names of the items to briefer ones (I could choose my own title and symbol on AOL, but I don't know how to do this in Firefox)?

If there are any other good tips to organize a toolbar, that would be great.

Ravencajun - I remember seeing a screenshot of your opened firefox browser - but I played with it and have been unable to accomplish some of the things you created. For instance, on the line above my toolbar - and below the address bar, there's a lot of empty space and I can't figure out how to better use this bar. It just occurs to me that a screenshot would be helpful. Okay - I just tried with Fireshot and can't figure out how to do it. I don't even think I'm getting the entire page - although I supposed all I really want is the top portion - but I can't figure out how to do that. Even if I am able to take a screenshot, I don't know what to do with it after that. I saved it as a jpeg - but it's huge and I can't really tell if I got the whole thing. I saved it clipboard - but I don't know what clipboard is or how to retrieve it and paste it here. Uploading it didn't seem right either. If someone can tell me how to get my screenshot in this thread, I'll be happy to add it. I know that would make this more clear.

I have my bookmarks appear in the sidebar, but it's becoming large and unweildy. I wonder if there's a way to just have the names of the folders in the sidebar - and either mousing over it or clicking will bring up all the bookmarked items within that folder?

Comments (10)