SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amykinteriors

Finished: Striped Marble in the Attic

shanghaimom
10 years ago

Hello!

We have been remodeling our attic into a master suite. The bathroom used to be an ugly mustard-colored 80's kitchen. This kitchen came in very handy when we remodeled our main kitchen a few years ago, but I couldn't wait to make it it go away!

With GW, I have learned everything I needed to know to make it happen! (I learned a LOT from a few mistakes I made in a downstairs bath remodel last year, too.)

The marble is honed Montclair Danby Striato. You can scrub this stuff with Ajax, which sold me!

Porcelain 12x24 floor tile is called Burma Negro. It looks very much like slate, but is so much easier to take care of.

Shower is Hansgrohe Axor Cittero pipe + handshower. There have been a few discussions about shower systems lately--I really like this setup.

The beam going through is original--the house was built in 1889. I also kept and refinished all of my old original doors and hardware. I wan't going for a period look, but wanted this bath to fit with the rest of the house. There is another bathroom installed in the 1920's with the original carrera slabs and white subways, and this new one has a similar vibe.

Before photo:

And After:

Comments (52)