SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
not2bright

Two Mice on One Computer ?

not2bright
13 years ago

Hi,

There are two users of the computer at our house. One (myself) frequently uses the middle-click function of our mouse's scroll wheel (as well as the scrolling function itself), but the other user never uses the middle-click feature but does use the scrolling wheel often.

The thing is, the mouse is getting to the point where it gets harder to do the middle-click function well. It scrolls fine, but the wheel is apparently feeling the effects of my frequent middle-clicking. I was thinking of getting one of those 3-button mice (middle button instead of scroll wheel). But I know the other user would hate it.

So, as my title suggests, I was wondering whether it might be possible to have two mice hooked up at the same time and simply alternate between them. FWIW, I have tried internet searches on this (and still am trying) but all pages I find address the question of having to mice hooked up so that there are also two cursors functioning at once. I don't want this. I only want one cursor but the ability to simply put aside one mouse and grab the other one as the users prefer (without doing changes in the back of the computer all the time).

Is this possible ?

Thanks !

Comments (21)