SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kiwi_gw

Tim Carter (Tim in NC)

Kiwi
16 years ago

I received the call from Sarah today that I was dreading something awful. Tim died at 10:20am this morning.

I thought my last post about Tim was the hardest, well I now know that wasn't true...

As odd as it may seem Tim and I exchanged our first emails on April 1, 2002. We use to laugh about that often, teasing with one another saying that we knew it always had to be an April fools joke that two silly people like the two of us would become such good friends.

Tim and I met right here as he was a "house spouse", a Mr. Mom so to speak and when Tim would take a little break from his household chores he was spending time helping people on the computer forum. This was my first forum that I had come to for computer help, and I was lucky enough to meet Tim here.

Tim was only staying home because he started having troubles with his back, 3 bad disks in his lower back as he had been a volunteer firefighter/EMT for almost 19 years. Once he started staying home he became an avid bird watcher. He began making nesting boxes that he could keep a check on...I remember Tim telling me about the Carolina Chickadees and the Eastern Bluebird's nest and watching the new little birds be born. He not only saved people when he was a fireman but also helped Mother Nature bring life into this world..... Tim was all about making this world a kinder, happier place. He had a quote in his signatures on the different forums that he visited each day that touches my heart today, that quote which Tim always lived by was "You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late."

My heart goes out to Sarah, Tim's two daughters and his three grandchildren and his sister, that I know will all miss Tim deeply.

Tim will always have a special place in my heart and I will always remember the friendship that we shared. Tim was the one that told me long ago that we didn't have to say goodbye, just say "so long"...........

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glint on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,

I am the swift, uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circling flight.

I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.

I am not there, I do not sleep.