SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phillyfeet_gw

take a risk or play it safe with range choice?

phillyfeet
10 years ago

I guess no matter what appliance you purchase these days, you are taking a risk, but i like to lower my odds on bad choices by searching these forums and reading other online reviews.

Anyway, after getting a major dose of financial reality, I thought i should pass on the 36 inch range. I looked at 30 inch ranges and yesterday, after seeing at it in person, and knowing someone who loves theirs, I thought i choose the GE cafe all gas with warming drawer. At $2500, it seems much easier to swallow than the Bluestar RNB 36 and Wolf 36 I had been deciding between last week.

The problem is, I just can't help feeling disappointed in losing the extra space on top. I am not in need of a huge oven, nor high BTU's. I do want to boil my water faster than 25 minutes (!) (don't want induction only because of past power outages). At the store yesterday, my husband tells me that he always liked the looks of the Berta, but never said anything because he knows how much research i have been doing. I have seen too many bad reviews about the oven on that to go in that direction, but suddenly, I am looking at the Verona. Is it worth the risk to go with the 36 inch Verona? It would be close in price to the GE and I would get my extra space on top. I know i wouldn't be getting Bluestar power, but like i said, i don't really need that. I am suddenly seeing a lot of positive reviews on the Verona, but i guess i am leery of service if there is a problem, i've never seen it in person and the local appliance store i will be using doesn't sell it.

Thoughts? I can't believe i still haven't made a decision and i need to tell the cabinet maker this weekend!!

Comments (17)