SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
houscrzy_gw

OK, I have a 'new' Bluestar question

houscrzy
16 years ago

Hi--I've done a whole lot of reading about Bluestar on this site, and I've never seen this issue mentioned. I'm hoping somebody has come up with a great solution to this problem.

I have a 6 burner Bluestar range with island trim. I have Richlite counters abutting it on each side. The front trim and the island trim are flush to the counter, but the edge of the range between these two areas has about a 1/4" gap between it and the edge of the countertop, as this edge is set slightly in from the edge on the front and rear trim. The gap, of course, is just the perfect area down which to spill things or drop crumbs--never to see them again! I'm really worried about what that area could look like (and smell like!) in a few months/years/decades. Has anybody faced this issue? Is there any type of flange I can get to cover that area? Other ranges I've had had a lip that went over the countertop, but the Bluestar doesn't. I tried to cover the area with a dishtowel one night and promptly lit the towel on fire with one of the 22K burners, so that isn't going to work!

Comments (8)