SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tkfinn97

Guest suite floor plan - 'planning block'

tkfinn97
12 years ago

I need some help with my 2nd floor...PLEASE! :) This plan has developed into a simply farm house-type plan with few corners. I have the first floor the way I like it, and my daughter's rooms the way I like them. They have a shared bathroom which I know is not too popular on here, but works for our family.

Anyway, I am attaching what I have at this point (essentially a blank slate) and would love some suggestions for a guest suite. I want to put in a bathroom with nice big corner tub, a shower, toilet, sink and stackable washer/dryer. The bathroom will be accessible potentially by the living area and also by the bedroom. I am out of ideas! Every time I sit down to draw it out, I become stuck. The corner tub is the location that I like (in the SE corner). The south is the long side with the stairs coming up from the north and turning to the west. Please ignore the "footprint" of the tub as I didn't research it before I drew it in :) The open area in the middle of the floor is just TV/play room area for now. I expect that it is a possibility that at some point (far off in the future), we may use the upstairs suite if an ailing parent needs to be cared for (so they can have the master suite downstairs). Can you share any suggestions or things to think about as we try to plan this? Any suggestions or critiques are appreciated...thanks!

{{gwi:1416303}}

Comments (2)