SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannonaz

Three random design questions w/floorplan pic

shannonaz
15 years ago

This possibly should have been two separate posts...but how many posts for help can one person create?? A lot apparently. You guys are so good at this! Here goes:

Floor question: We chose a really nice porcelain tile. It comes in 20X20, 12X12 and 6X6. We picked a cool pattern using all 3...but I don't think that there is enough floor space for such a large/detailed pattern. Also, the floor space left is oddly shaped. How would you guys lay tile in this bathroom? Just one size? On the diagonal?

Shower glass question: should the door be centered a bit in glass or can it be attached to the linen closet wall? The shower controls will be on that wall and it seems easier to reach them if the door is attached there. In other words, would it look/function better if there is a glass panel attached to the wall and then the door?

Makeup mirror/lighting question: On the wall to the left of the door right above the angled cabinet I want to put an extension makeup mirror. There will be sconces on either side of each med. cabinet...should I put a sconce above the makeup mirror? I think that would look odd. Where should I place a task light for that mirror? I was planning to stand in front of the angled cabinet and pull the mirror that way. Sorry if this is a weird/confusing question! Any help or suggestions would be great!

Here is the floor plan. I think we are going to build out the wall behind the linen closet. The rectangle in the corner is the shower :)

Comments (5)