SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellessebee_gw

Wolf or Thermador steam ovens and which convection oven?

ellessebee
11 years ago

I am about to purchase a steam oven and a regular convection wall oven. I was set to go with all-Thermador - also getting the Thermador Freedom induction cooktop. I have read too many mixed reviews of Thermador ovens, though, so I want to double-check. I currently have a 1-[year old Thermador that has worked beautifully for 10 years, but the reviews I am reading here make me nervous. I don't mind mixing and matching - I am more interested in performance, reliability and value than I am in looks. I don't have unlimited funds, either, and had heard the Wolf was a lot more than the Thermador but haven't gotten solid pricing yet. Starting with the steam oven, is one clearly better? I prefer the reservoir in the Wolf to the Thermador but I'm not sure it's worth spending big bucks for. Opinions welcome. As for convection ovens (30") are their favorites? Again, not wedded to Thermador or matching - would be OK with KA or Electrolux etc. if they're good contenders. I just can't get objective comparisons. Losing sleep over this! Help, Pleaes! Thanks.

Comments (3)