SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mirandajae

Need help with basement layout

mirandajae
9 years ago

Hey there! We are finally finishing our basement in our new home. This is the "plan" we have. "Plan" meaning, I'm not sure where our actual basement plan is so I went down and took some measurements and whipped one up really quick. The wall in the center is a supporting wall. Where the toilet is there's actually just a hole in our floor for sewage that is currently stuffed with insulation. It is plumbed for a bathroom to be there. Our floor is cement/geothermal so we had to try to plan ahead a few years ago. The utilities are to the north, where all those boxes and circles are, freezer, air water heater, sump, etc etc. The door going to our patio is actually a sliding door, it doesnt open. I chose the wrong one when I made the plan.

We had to put egress windows in when we built so those are sort of set where they are. We assumed that area would be bedrooms/office/craftroom or something like that.

The space would be used mostly as a fun lounging area when guests are over and a place to hang out with our kids, as our upstairs living room isn't very large. A bar would be a huge plus but I'm not sure where the best place would be to have it. I'd like to do something creative over by the stairs and really utilize that space.

I have an idea of what the end plan would be in my head, but I feel like it's too boring. So I'd absolutely appreciate some input from anyone who is willing to throw out some ideas!

Comment (1)