SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasfern

Therapy needed, lots of questions and pics

14 years ago

Hello all, this is a long one.

As you know I am not new to Texas, not new to plants, but kinda new to putting plants in the ground and growing them.

With my 19yr old granddaughter in the hospital seriously ill with possible H1N1 and pnemonia, I need therapy.

I put my bogenvillas in the ground, south side of the house. They are very happy to be out of thier root bound pots. Suggestions as to what to do next appreciated. I have had them for 3 years, usually leave them outside, cut back, in an area I have designated for wintering my plants.

Next, Hibiscus. Not sure of the species, but here's a pic of a bloom, and a pic of the current status.

Should I cut back, root the cuttings, repot, fertilize? Not sure where I want to put it in the ground as of yet. Same wintering techniques as the bogenvillas have worked well.

{{gwi:564012}}

{{gwi:49328}}

Next the shrimp plant. Just repotted only aquired it this summer. Should I cut it back, root the cuttings fertilize or just winter it as is? I do want to keep it in the pot for winter.

Now the gardenias. I purchased the first one early spring, had it in a hanging basket. Had to go out of town, it was neglected, but it came back. Just repotted. Do I cut it back, root the cuttings, fertilize, or just winter as is?

Here's a pic of the blooms when I bought it.

{{gwi:49325}}

Here she is now. I am so proud of her.

{{gwi:49326}}

Now here is the other gardenia I rescued a few weeks ago, doing so well. Same questions.

{{gwi:49327}}

I apologize for the length and all the questions, but I plan to do as much outdoors as I can.

Thanks

Pat

Comments (4)