SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sergeantcuff

Progress Report (lots of Pics) and Important Questions!

sergeantcuff
15 years ago

I am nearing the end of Week 2. This is how we started out (cute but yucky):

Demolition

The most exciting thing to me so far - the radiator pipes are in the wall! The gas pipes are next to the wall! The stove will no longer stick out nearly a foot! I won't be able to see behind it ! Most exciting!

Before and after:

{{!gwi}}

Cabinets sat in the hallway for a week, usually with other stuff piled up as well. Photo taken on front porch, looking through house (it's small)

Now with cabinets installed. SORRY! Please just click on photo to see right-side-up version. I can't figure out what's wrong. (Every once in a while, this happens: they are fine on my computer and in photobucket but turn up weird when I send them somewhere - aargh!)

If you've suffered through all these pictures, here are the Very Important Questions for today.

1. I've been encouraged to do a soapstone backsplash (letting DH make a decision). How much should I specify? 3 or 4 inches? I was worried boxing in the space, but the counter guy says he can make it thinner so it won't be so "heavy looking". What do you think?

2. I think I've decided on BM Catalina Blue. Doesn't come in samples, so I'll have to buy a quart. What color would be good for the ceiling and trim. a bright white? The cabinets are not as creamy as I expected.

3. After the ceiling gets painted, they will put up the trim and crown moulding. My contractor has suggested putting the crown moulding above the windows between the cabinets. I'd appreciate some opinions on this. My usual reaction is to say no to anything too fussy or crowded looking.

Thank you for reading!

Maureen

Comments (34)