SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynn_nevins

ya gotta love them squirrels!

Lynn Nevins
18 years ago

After replacing some of my existing bird feeders with squirrel-proof ones, and having much success, I decided it was time to dedicate something for just the squirrels (which, although they can drive me nuts, I also find very cute and entertaining). So I bought a few corn cob holders, and bought my first ear of corn the other day, placed it in the holder, and hung it outside before heading off to work.

By the time I got home it was dark out, so the next a.m., I eagerly looked out the window to try and see if the corn was a success. And what to my wondering eyes should I see but an EMPTY corn cob holder. It appears a squirrel was able to somehow reach right down into it and remove the entire cob, thereby ensuring no one else could have any! Now I just have to concoct a mechanism on top of the holder, to prevent them from taking the whole cob again!

Here's a sample of what it looks like. I've since written the company suggesting they come up with some type of simple open/close cover for the top of the holder. :--)

http://www.stokesselect.com/products/template/product_detail.php?PHPSESSID=350de9454ae5fee4d313fd53cb31024c&item_id_D=9

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting