SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
neonposey

NEW: ~Trick or Treat ~ Smell My Feet ~

neonposey
18 years ago

I LOVE HALLOWEEN and think its only fitting that I host a swap. Here are the rules:

* Send as many packs of seeds as you would like to receive back. No more than 4 of one variety.

* Send some seeds that remind you of Halloween. For Example: seeds with bat, cat, or candy in the name. Pumpkins would qualify. Things that are orange, black, crimson red or deep purple. Also things that 'smell' good! These suggestions are optional -- all types and colors of seeds are welcome!

* Send one package of Âsurprise seedÂ. This could be a mixture of seed or a single type, however include some details such as light & water requirements, height, etc. so the recipient will know where to plant and how to care for it. Note: please be considerate of your fellow gardeners and donÂt send anything invasive. That would be a lousy Trick.......

* Include a LIGHTWEIGHT and inexpensive Halloween trinket. Nothing perishable please.

* Pack in a bubble envelope and include return postage equal to the amount it cost you to send. Also include a return address label or sheet of paper with your name and address and a copy of your wish list if you like.

You will receive back as many packages of seeds as you sent plus 2 bonus packs and an inexpensive Halloween trinket. One of your seed packs will be a surprise and will only be marked with directions, so you will have to grow them to see what wonderful treat you received.

Deadline for signup is October 15. Deadline for package to be received by me is October 20. You will receive your package back before Halloween on October 31. Anyone wanna play????

Comments (60)

• kizzyseeds
    18 years ago

I hope I'm not too old to learn a new "Trick". This is my first Round Robin:>) I'll play!
    Sharon

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Now we're cookin'! Sign ups are looking much better. Hopefully we can get a good variety of seeds.

Three vampires walk into a bar. The waitress comes up to them and asks them what they'll have. The first vampire says, (Transylvanian accent inferred) "I'll have a glass of O Positive." The second vampire says, "I'll have a glass of AB Negative." The third vampire says, "I'm the designated driver. I'll just have a glass of plasma."

The waitress turns toward the bartender and yells,

"Gimme two bloods and one blood lite!"

• Related Discussions

tricks and treats seed swap

Q

Comments (21)
    hi there everybody! I just wanted to say thanks again for joining. I will email all of you my information so you can send me your seeds. dem_pa~I just wanted to say thanks for sending your seeds. I got them today. thanks also for the snickers...how'd you know that was my favorite candy?! lol! thanks again everybody :-)anybody else that wants to join you are more than welcome to! the more the merrier! :)
    ...See More

Combi-steam: my new trick

Q

Comments (15)
    Gross? Now, I used to be vegetarian and still have strong vegetarian sympathies, but it doesn't seem gross to me. And even though I'm a city type, I have killed and dressed 3 chickens. (and I do have photos, but will spare you). I figured, if I wasn't willing to kill them personally, I shouldn't eat them. Now that had some gross parts (especially since they were aged layers and one had disease, so I guess I should say I killed 3 and dressed 2). Deboning an already dressed chicken is a labor intensive, but I don't think it's really any grosser than any other whole chicken prep. Galantine bird is a very nice prep (even if I can't do it anywhere near as fast as Pepin). As a roast it results in more evenly cooked meat than whole bone-in bird, is visually very nice at the table, and without the bones, very easy for guests to eat.
    ...See More

OBF October---Treats and trick

Q

Comments (90)
    I see that also. our neighborhood posted a map for those that were giving out candy. Parents are leading and directing the children. To much traffic and people just not wanting to partiapate. I had 2 friends go to dinner so they didn't have to deal with it. .
    ...See More

Trick or Treat! or not?

Q

Comments (63)
    If students can go to school, if they can play at the play ground, if they can ride their bikes around their neighborhoods they can SAFELY go trick or treating. Bagging treats and putting them at the end of the driveway adds another layer of contact which some are concerned about. That is illogical!! If you FEAR the virus, cannot wrap your mind around the SCIENCE, if you think it is going to jump out of a kid through their covid mask through their costume onto you has you toss a piece of candy in their outstretched arms into their bag then LOCK YOUR DOOR AND TURN OFF YOUR LIGHTS. It's as easy as that. FEAR rules you--I get that so just live it and leave the kids who will be safe and the people who will give out candy safely to their fun. The advise is both masked, 3-6ft away, not longer than 10 minutes.
    ...See More
  • dirtysc8
    18 years ago

I'll play. Will you be e-mailing us your address, NeonPosey?

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Welcome Dirty! Your email is blocked so you need to send me an email and include your return email address so I can send you my address.

Thanx for playing

We also have another player. ChickenLady is in too.

Im excited!

• dirtrx
    18 years ago

HI Suzy I am in. Shannon/Dirtrx

• amybabyboy3
    18 years ago

HI! IF ITS NOT TOO LATE I'D LIKE TO JOIN. THANKS, AMY

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Everyone that has signed up should have received an email from me with my mailing address. If you have not heard from me, make sure that your address is not blocked or send me mail from an account that I can reply to.

What happens if you see twin witches?

You won't be able to see which witch is witch

• amybabyboy3
    18 years ago

I just wanted to let you know I just mailed the seeds out today. Thank you, Amy

• Euphoria526
    18 years ago

Ooh, I wanna play. I love the barefoot ghostie at the top, he's adorable

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Chickenlady, I'm having trouble reaching you. If you are following this thread, please send me an email I can reply to.

Anyone who has not received mailing instructions from me, please let me know. I have attempted to send everyone the instructions.

10 more days of sign up -- 15 days to have your package to me!

• nemophila
    18 years ago

Hi! I just thought I'd let you know that my package was in the mail and on it's way to you this morning.

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hello all. I received packages today from

amybabyboy3
    margaret6a

Nice job ladies. Things are getting interesting!

• flowerchildky
    18 years ago

Hi Suzie,
    do I need more seeds? sure!! sign me up-

I have your address..

this will be FUN!
    Happy Halloween!
    Linda in Louisville

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Things are lookin' good! As of today we've got 17 players. That should give us a good mix of seeds.

This guy goes to a Halloween party with a girl on his back.

"What the heck are you?" asks the host.

"I'm a snail," says the guy.

"But... you have a girl on your back," replies the host.

"Yeah, he says, "that's Michelle!"

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Today I received packages from:

Drippy
    Dem_pa
    Nemophilia
    DirtySC8

Everyone is doing an awesome job following directions and with their packaging. Some of you will probably be getting some postage back! Thanks so much. This makes doing the swap a pleasure for me. :)

ONLY 4 more days to SIGN UP!

For those of you who haven't sent your package, ONLY 9 more days for me to receive it!

• User
    18 years ago

NeonPosey,
    I would like to try this, but I have questions! I've only been in my house for 10 months, so I don't have much to offer. Are we allowed to trade store bought seeds? I have collected my own seeds from two plants so far, but I have a stash of store bought packets that are still fresh. I've traded quilt fabric plenty of times, but I'm new to this.
    Thank you!
    Rae
    email: ivy_gold at hotmail.com

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Welcome Rae! and please do join the swap! Its a great way to get your feet wet and break into trading seeds, as well as get a good variety for your garden. As long as the seeds are fresh, there's no problem with trading commercial seeds. If you have any questions about the packaging or how the swap works, please let me know and I'll be happy to help you.

• singingcrk
    18 years ago

Thanks for emailing me, Suzie, I do want to play! This will be so much fun, what a wonderful "treat"!
    Angel

• gypseaflower
    18 years ago

I'd like to jump in at the last minute! I'll be late in getting a package out but I'm sure I can make the deadline.
    I've never done this before so I'm really excited to see how it all works.
    Thank you Posey for hosting!
    Debbie/Gypsea

• bonnie_nmi
    18 years ago

This sounds like a lot of fun. Please add my name to your list.

Bonnie

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

LAST DAY OF SIGN UPS!!!

Yesterday I received packages from
    Dirtyrx

Any other takers? We're getting a great variety of seeds and some really cute 'treats'. Theres still time to play if anyone else wants to jump in today!

For those that have already signed up, I'd like to receive your package by the 20th so I can turn them around and get them back out to you. I'd like you to receive them by Halloween.

If anyone is dropping, let me know so I won't be wondering where you are. And, of course, if anyone has questions, please email me

• bonnie_nmi
    18 years ago

I'll post this question here instead of through email, just in case anyone else is wondering. Do we identify ourselves on the packages of seed? When I'm doing a regular trade, I always put my name, my GW name and my email addy on each packet. Also, how about on the "trinket"?
    Bonnie

• madamekikia2z
    18 years ago

Neon,
    I sent my package today.

Kiki

• User
    18 years ago

Hi,
    My package is on the way too, and I hope it arrives safely.

The question about labeling the packets; I thought of that, too, after sealing the envelope! The ones that aren't in store-bought packets have a little info with my name and e-mail. Maybe those of us who didn't label everything can post to the board when folks receive their final swap and want to know who sent what.

-Re

• vegangurl20
    18 years ago

OH is it too late for me to join in? If I can still join, I will try and get my package out tomorrow. Send me info please, thanks so much!

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

THIS ROBIN IS CLOSED. NO FURTHER SIGNUPS WILL BE ACCEPTED>

Thank you to everyone who has signed up. We have enough folks to really make things interesting and assure everyone of getting a great mix of seed back. As in any mass swap, there may be things you receive back that you can't really use. I, personally, just trade them to someone who can use them, or offer for SASE. Hopefully, though, everyone will receive at least some of their 'wants' back. We're getting a good mix of seeds and not as many duplicates as I expected so things are looking GREAT. :)

I know I responded to the post regarding labeling yesterday but for some reason that post doesn't show up and I can't find a record of having emailed a reply, so I'll just post it again. If it shows up in a day or so, please ignore the double info.

Some seeds I receive have the senders name on the label -- others don't. Its up to you how you want to do it. Either way is fine for this swap. We can continue to discuss any questions about the seed on this thread, if you like or I can put you in touch with the person who sent it if you have questions. I am keeping a record of what folks sent.

5 MORE DAYS FOR ME TO RECEIVE YOUR PACKAGE. I'd like to have all packages by the 20th so I can turn them around and get them back to you before Halloween.

Happy Haunting!

• vegangurl20
    18 years ago

Hey Suzie, just a note to say my seeds are going out in the mail today, so be looking out for them! :)

• singingcrk
    18 years ago

Suzie, my package went out today - surely, surely they will get it there by the 20th! (keeping my fingers crossed)
    Angel

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Madamekikia2z
    Flowerchildky
    Vegangirl20
    Scouttiegirl

Nice job and great seeds ladies!

• vegangurl20
    18 years ago

Wow that was some fast work on the post office's part, lol. Yay, glad you got mine on time. :)

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

BonnieNM
    Rae_in_Texas

Thanks ladies and everything looks great. I'm so pleased with how this swap is turning out and hope you will be too when you receive your packages back

With that said, ITS CORNY JOKE TIME!

What did the french fries dress up as for Halloween?
    Masked potatoes.

What did the skeleton say while riding his Harley?
    I'm bone to be wild.

What do you call a ghost in a torn sheet?
    A holy terror.

What do you call a ghost with a broken leg?
    Hoblin Goblin.

What do you call a little monster's parents?
    Mummy and deady.

What do you call dead cows that come back to life?
    Zombeef.

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

SingingCrk
    GypsyFlower

Waiting on a few more but the SWAPPING HAS BEGUN!!

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

In yesterdays mail I received packages from:

GardenFeverGirl
    Euphoria

Thanks ladies! Nice Job!

I am mailing back at least 10 packages today. WILL YOURS BE ONE OF THEM??????? ~Trick or Treat~

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

More packages are being mailed out today... by tomorrow morning all of the packages should be in the mail...

I want to thank everyone for participating in this swap. I had so much fun and felt like I made many new friends. I hope that you will enjoy the seeds that you recieve. For those of you who had no 'wish' list, it was a guessing game for me but hopefully you will receive some new things to try.

Also a big thank you to those of you who sent hostess 'treats' for me. It wasn't necessary, but was very welcome and appreciated.

Please post here when you receive your package so I will know that it arrived safely.

Thanx again for playing.......

• drippy
    18 years ago

Posey, your posts with their cute graphics and "groaner" jokes are treat enough for me - it's been fun just to check back to see them periodically. But I know I will have fun seeing what seeds come my way, too! Thanks for being the hostess for this.

• nemophila
    18 years ago

Halloween has come early for me, I got my envelope back today!!!
    I love everything that I got, but I think the surprise packet is going to drive me insane. Did I mention that when I was younger I was one of those kids that would start searching the house two months before my birthday, because I just had to know what I was getting?!
    Seriously, ditto everything Drippy said, this has really been a lot of fun.
    So, can I sign up now for next year? (LOL!)

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Oh goody I can't wait to get my seeds back!! I am so impatient I want them now, LOL! I'm sure I'm going to love everything you sent.

And I also agree with drippy. All your adorable graphics and really wretched jokes (haha!) have been really enjoyable for me as well. Thank you again for everything!

• madamekikia2z
    18 years ago

Dear Neon,

Your envelope arrived yesterday and I am really pleased what you've sent me.
    I've got all the seeds I wished and can't wait to sow them!

Thank you for being so generous to me.

Happy Haloween.

Kiki

• drippy
    18 years ago

Treats in my mailbox today! Suzie, what a great job you did! The packaging was so cute, and the contents! Well, I am one happy camper with my seeds (although trying to figure out the mystery will drive me nuts, LOL - short drive, as my Dad used to say :)). The dancing pumpkin pen is adorable, too, whoever sent that in. Thanks so much for doing this, Suzie, and I hope you enjoy your Halloween.

:D

• User
    18 years ago

My mailman (slow as he may be) brought treats today -- my swap and my bulb order! I'm very excited about my swap seeds, as I have chosen a path of budget landscaping. I will be able to winter sow some items, so I have to get to work. Hopefully, the things I contributed will be a complement to others' gardens, as I'm sure my goodie packages will be to mine. (My neighbors better get ready for some extra color in the hood. They love their plain lawns with foundation plantings. Tee hee.)

And I agree that Suzie (NeonPosey) put a whole lot of much-appreciated effort into our confetti-sprinkled swap. Three cheers (cackles?) to our hostess.

Happy and safe Halloween, Day of the Dead, All Saints, and etc.

Thanks for having me!
    Rae

• scouttiegirl
    18 years ago

I got my package today!! Very fitting day as I just got back from my Dad's Halloween themed wedding. Very fun, and then to come home to have my fabulous swap package waiting for me. I love everything that was sent back to me, and some of the items I had been wanting to get for a while now. I also loved my jinglebell trinket(special thanks to who sent it in). I had to fight my cat to keep it. Had to set it on top of the fridge for now as fear it may not be there in the morning..hehehe. Thank you Suzie for such an awesome swap. I LOVED it!!!~Heather

• singingcrk
    18 years ago

I got my treats, too! Thank you so much, Suzie, for setting this up! You should have seen me yesterday, my mailman had me sign for a package (boring, something from work for hubby), when all the time I could see this adorable Halloween-stickered envelope on his dashboard! He's sloowwly scanning things and checking the signature...and I'm leaning in his window TRYING to see the name on that envelope - please let it be mine!!! :o)
    Wow, I can't believe the goodies, you guys filled most of my wish list, and there are several that my daughter will like. This has been so much fun. Thanks to everyone for some wonderful surprises. The mystery seed will kill me, too! (And the dancing ghostie pen was snatched by my daughter the minute she saw it!)
    Suzie, you put a lot of effort into your posts and the package, I loved it, thanks! I sure hope we can convince you to do this again next year...:o)
    Angel

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh Goody! I'm so glad the packages are getting there and all of you are able to join in on my fun. We had a lot of wonderful participants for this swap and some interesting seeds coming through. It was truly all of you that made this swap a success. I hope the rest of players get their packages quickly so they too, can enjoy the spirit of halloween and the sharing of our beautiful gardens.

I'll definately be back next year IF all of you promise to be back too! Until then, Im sure I'll be hanging around this thread until all of the packages have been delivered.... and of course to bless you with a few more of these!

Why do vampires need mouthwash?
    They have bat breath...

Why did the Vampire subscribe to the Wall Street Journal?
    He heard it had great circulation...

What is a Mummie's favorite type of music?
    Wrap!!!!!

Why do demons and ghouls hang out together?
    Because demons are a ghouls best friend!

Who was the most famous French skeleton?
    Napoleon bone-apart

Which building does Dracula visit in New York?
    The Vampire State Building.

What's it like to be kissed by a vampire?
    It's a pain in the neck.

Where does a ghost go on vacation?
    Mali-boo.

• Valiche
    18 years ago

I got mine on Saturday, too. Thanks Neon for doing this swap. Got lots of goodies that I wanted and plenty more I didn't even know that I wanted.

THANKS AGAIN!

• zoegurl2001
    18 years ago

Hi Neon!

Got my big envie today, wow! Thank you so much for everything!! Got some great seeds, and the cute bag you put them in and all the little confetti was great! My little sis loved the confetti, she wants to make a little craft project with them. And a special thanks to whoever sent in the little fall/halloween beads, and the adorable little black bear charm. I loved it all!! And the mystery seeds have me antsy for next spring! I know they are some kind of gourd seed, but I have no idea what kind. I CAN'T TAKE THE ANTICIPATION!!! lol. :) Thanks again for the great swap, Neon!

• bonnie_nmi
    18 years ago

My bulging envelope arrived yesterday. Thank you so much, Suzie, for the fun packaging, the great selection of seeds and for organizing the swap. The little gel decorations are cute - thanks also to whoever sent those. This was my first round robin. Now I'm hooked!!

• gypseaflower
    18 years ago

Thank you so much for making my first Robin so much fun! It couldn't have been better. I really appreciate everything and can't wait to try another.

• Margaret6a
    18 years ago

Neon (and everyone else),
    Thank you so much. My package came today but I couldn't open it until the grandkids left. What a great surprise-all decked out in such cute packaging and the confetti (how did you think of all that!). Thanks to someone for my cute bat pin-and such great seeds. Please add me to the list for next year-this was such great fun. And, Neon, thanks again for all your hard work-I can't imagine all the time it took. Margaret

• neonposey
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Its over! Halloween is over... *SIGH* Now its just Fall. Plain ole Fall. Colorful, but.... just.... Fall... not Halloween....

Thanx again to everyone for making this so much fun for all of us and a special Thank You to Paula for contributing the confetti. it was so cute and such a wonderful addition to the packages. you are all just great...

Until next year ladies~~~~~Many Blooms!

• amybabyboy3
    18 years ago

Neon,
    Thank you for all the great seeds. I was so excited and my kids loved all the Trick or Treat surprises. Thanks SO MUCH, Amy