SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
birdz_n_beez

Why did I read that??

birdz_n_beez
18 years ago

Have you ever read something that you wish you hadn't? lol

I have been lurking in here for about a month and have been reading all I can because I wanted to try my hand at vermicomposting. As I am waiting for my "Worms Eat My Garbage" to come in to my small, local Barnes & Noble I have kept up my reading here. You guys are wonderful if ya haven't been told that lately. =)

Anyway...as I was going through more posts I came across a link: http://www.happydranch.com/index.html Here I was, minding my own business when I clicked on the "bugs" page. Holy cow! I didn't realize that so many could/do harbor in worm bins! Now I'm all worried about my in house pets, kids, etc. Fruit flies, sow bugs and reg flies I can handle, and have read some great tips on keeping them under control. But mites and all of those beetles and such...I'm not so sure about. =/

I understand that they come in if the bin(s) aren't maintained properly, but I'd be a newbie so I am unsure as it is. lol The bugs themselves aren't the problem, you can find me in the dirt outside anytime the weather is good (and sometimes not so good hehehe), tons of crawlers outside. But I would have to keep these small bins in my home and that might bug me (no pun intended lol).

Reassurances anyone??

Comments (14)