OT.......where did I put my reading glasses ?

yoyobon_gw

SaveComment11Like4
Comments (11)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathy_t

LOL!

Save    
colleenoz

Oops!

Save    
cooper8828

Well, there's one I haven't done yet!

Save    
annpanagain

Can't make out if they are on a washing sponge or a bar cake! Common sense says a sponge while you were having a shower or bath.

I hook my glasses around a knob on the washing machine which is near the shower in the wet area, otherwise I can't see to find them anywhere else.

Save    
yoyobon_gw

Anna......these got baked at the bottom of a blueberry loaf cake , apparently.

( photo I discovered on line, not my experience ! )

Save    
annpanagain

Yoyo, thanks for the explanation. I was right about it being a cake after all! That was my first thought but rationally a bath sponge made more sense.

BTW, I am plain Ann. We used to tease my mother by saying she didn't want to pay the extra money for adding an "E" to the birth notice in the newspaper! I gave the full Anne to my daughter to save her having to keep saying "Ann without an E " as I always did.

Save    
yoyobon_gw

and I'm Bon !

Save    
kathy_t

But I really like both of your RP screen names, so I hope you don't mind if I continue to call you Annpan and Yoyobon. I wish I'd been at least a teeny bit creative with my screen name, but alas, that train has left the station.

Save    
Rosefolly

Back the Spike ran the forums, you were allowed to change your name, but only one time. I started out as plain Paula _SFBay, but was always on the lookout for something more original. A friend from the Antique Roses Forum suggested 'Rosefolly' and I seized upon it with glee. I loved the double meaning - foolish over roses, and the folly as a garden ornament.

I still grow roses, but only about half as many as I did at one time. Too many competing interests, and too little time. Roses are not as much work (in my climate, anyway) as some people imagine, but if you have enough of them anything can be overwhelming. One friend has well over 1000 roses on a mountainside garden, and it is a full time job for her. Incredibly gorgeous garden, though, like something out of an enchantment.

Save    
yoyobon_gw

I like yoyobon very much ! Years ago , and I mean years, when I had to create a screen name for various sites I was very taken by Yoyoma the amazing cellist ( still am).

One of the RP names that has always appealed to me is Phaedra ......and I am determined to claim it as my own when asked for my name at Starbucks or other places with that annoying yell out when your order is ready. It would amuse me to hear them announce that one and even more so to see how they spelled it !

1 Like Save    
annpanagain

I wish I could grow roses! I have tried but along with the Management of our retirement village, have given up and now plant succulents that do far better in our poor soil and climate. Roses can thrive but only with soil improvers and a lot of water and that is not a good idea as providing water is getting to be a problem as our population grows.

My name of Annpan is a childhood nickname and I had to add the "again" when Houzz, when we changed over, rejected Annpan as someone else already had it.

Either Ann or Annpan is fine but I wonder how you visualise me? I am 5/5" quite stout now with short curly silver hair with a fringe, glasses and I usually dress in a maxi dress at home and casual activewear pants and top with a sunhat to go out.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Home Tech Tech in Design: Where to Put Your Flat-Screen TV
By Pangaea
Popcorn, please: Enjoy all the new shows with a TV in the best place for viewing
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Houzz Call: Where (and What) Are You Reading This Summer?
Whether you favor contemporary, classic or beach reads, do the long and lazy days of summer bring out the lit lover in you?
Full Story
Home Tech Design Dilemma: Where to Put the Flat-Screen TV?
TV Placement: How to Get the Focus Off Your Technology and Back On Design
Full Story