OT.......where did I put my reading glasses ?
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (11)
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
My Deer Don't Read -- can I save my plants ?
Comments (2)Thank you for responding, Ginny. I found out how to save my heucheras from the lady runs the garden center at our local Ace Hardware store. She said the the deer actually watch her when she plants something new in the garden and just have to taste it. She found that if she sprayed liquid fence at the time of planting, it lasted long enough for the deer to forget that they were new plants and the deer left them alone long after the Liquid Fence wore off. She taught me how to save my new plants and the are starting to fill out quite well. When they are a little bigger, I'll give them the deer test again using Liquid Fence. If it works, I'll go ahead and put them in the ground. Smiles, Lyn...See MoreCan I put shower glass doors on top of a tub?
Comments (5)We are shower people, but keep a Kohler Bellwether bathtub in the hall bath in case there is a need to bath a baby or young child in the future. The tub is surrounded by 3 ceiling height tiled walls. The bathroom is 13.5 x 5 feet. I hate the look of by-pass glass doors. In addition, I think it is super uncomfortable for a person to bend over a door track when cleaning the bathroom with doors right next to the person. We then were set to use frame-less custom made glass enclosure. But the more I read, (there are a few postings on this forum regarding this subject) the more I 'simulated' cleaning the bathtub and its surrounding through a frame-less glass enclosure, the more concerns I had for safety and the ease of cleaning. Finally I decided to use an extra long shower curtain from Restoration Hardware instead. We wipe dry bath tub and walls after each shower. I am so glad we have a shower curtain there. I don't think using shower curtain is of a less upscale look, even if it is, I would choose 'practicality' over 'look' any day....See MoreNo upper cabinets, where did you put glasses? Pics please.
Comments (9)My DW opens south toward the north end of the island, which is quite close, but the glasses go in the end cabinet in the east side of the island, which is still convenient to the sink. Cups are there also, because the coffeemaker is directly opposite on the west kitchen wall opposite the east side of the island. It's quite convenient as long as you stand at the west (left) side of the DW to unload them. Silverware, dishes, and pots and pans are unloaded from the right side into cabinets that direction. Wouldn't change a thing....See MoreI need advice on putting mirror glass inside a door frame.
Comments (23)thanks for the additional comments. For clarification, the "warp is an overall slight warp for the door mostly in one corner, it's not that the plywood interior panel is wavy, it's pretty clean so I think the 1/8 inch plexi will work. I was thinking about using the mastic glue rather than the tape, but I am concerned about removing it if things don't go right. Is there an easy way to remove if I use the mastic rather than tape? I had a cheap mirror placed in the center of the door for about 10 years prior to refinishing and painting my doors, and it held quite well with tape. And it wasn't too difficult to remove. And Joseph, regarding the glass. The door was horizontal on sawhorse legs during the application of the mirror, so glass didn't go anywhere, and I don't have kids, but I appreciate your concern....See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 years ago
Related Stories

REMODELING GUIDESWhere Do I Start When Renovating My House?
Eager to get going on a project but not sure where to begin? Read this practical guide to getting started
Full Story
MORE ROOMSTech in Design: Where to Put Your Flat-Screen TV
Popcorn, please: Enjoy all the new shows with a TV in the best place for viewing
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: Where (and What) Are You Reading This Summer?
Whether you favor contemporary, classic or beach reads, do the long and lazy days of summer bring out the lit lover in you?
Full Story
HOME TECHDesign Dilemma: Where to Put the Flat-Screen TV?
TV Placement: How to Get the Focus Off Your Technology and Back On Design
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNWhere to Put Your Freestanding-Bathtub Necessities
Every Freestanding Tub Needs a Spot for Your Novel, Phone or Rubber Ducky
Full Story
LAUNDRY ROOMSWhere Can I Hide My Laundry Area?
It’s a case of now you see it, now you don’t with these 10 clever ways of fitting in a laundry zone
Full Story
SHELVESDouble Take: How Did They Put Together That Wall?
A designer uses modular Ikea cabinets to create an expensive-looking installation in a multistory loft
Full Story
THE HARDWORKING HOMEWhere to Put the Laundry Room
The Hardworking Home: We weigh the pros and cons of washing your clothes in the basement, kitchen, bathroom and more
Full Story
HOMES AROUND THE WORLDWorld of Design: 11 Book Lovers and Where They Like to Read
Bibliophiles across the globe reveal their top books and favorite reading spots, from a 2-story library to an artfully curated book nook
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNWhere Should You Put the Kitchen Sink?
Facing a window or your guests? In a corner or near the dishwasher? Here’s how to find the right location for your sink
Full Story
yoyobon_gwOriginal Author