SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kngskid

I want mangos (or mangoes?) in MY backyard!

kngskid
13 years ago

I want to grow mangos here in Georgia. I am having such a hard time deciding on just four varieties that I have had a headache for four days now, pls help me. The mangos will be grown in containers inside a high tunnel, protected from rain and frost so I have limited space and four may be too many but...

I have read many of old posts on this forum and would like to get feedback from some of the people that purchased mango trees in 2007 - 2009 and do not live in Florida and some of you oldies also.

All the mangos sound so delicious not to mention the pictures, WOW!

I have only had mangos from my local grocery store and they are almost never labeled, so I don't know what I've tasted up to this point. I have been through PIN's website backwards and forwards and will order from them I have chosen the following but I am open to suggestions: Glenn, Mallika, Gold Nugget Lancetilla, Valencia Pride, Pickering, Carrie, Nam Doc Mai.

As far as I can tell (from reading) they are all sweet and depending on your liking they may be good or not so good but I need details please. If anyone could describe the taste of your mangos I could really use the help.

SIDE NOTE: THESE TREES MAY HAVE TO BE CRAMPED IN CLOSE, HOW MUCH SPACE DO THEY NEED?

Comments (9)