SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joeblfsk

Attacked in my own backyard !!!

jofus, ( Englewood, Fl zone 10a )
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

It was early this morning, Sunday, 6/5/2016, at only 6:15 AM, but I was anxious to see if those high winds and hard rains late last night had any negative effects on my backyard plantations. Found myself somehow relating that to the many night time raids our brave Navy & Marine guys endured around Guadalcanal and Bougainville 70 + yrs ago in the book I am now reading.
Whoa, right away I see three large Glenns ( U.S. Avenger aircraft ) lying on the grass near that tree. I immediately called out the PT Boat squadron to rescue the downed pilots. With the fruits ( Avengers ) tucked into my pockets, I moved away only to see another THREE downed mango's ( Avengers ), - walked over and saw that one was a total loss, must have been shot down early on, the plane and pilot were ripped apart, totally mangled. The other two were fine, so added them to my now bulging pockets.
Then it happened, saw another large pink/red almost ripe Glenn ( Avenger ) lying on the ground UNDERNEATH the large spreading Glenn tree. Without hesitation I ducked my head down and plowed into the dark innards only to run into a kamikaze attack from a bajillion tiny zika's ( Zero fighter aircraft ). Overwhelmed, I backed out, then called Admiral Wilkinson and he immediately sent over two light carriers ( two cans of ant & flea spray ) and I went back inside & wiped out almost all of those suicidal attackers !
The six I rescued intact will be added to my growing pile of ripening ( hopefully ) mango's on my kitchen counter. The one downed, mangled fruit will be added to the large organic compost bin out back A quick look around after that battle assured me my Tebow and Pickering trees were fine, had no downed aircraf,,,,er, mango's ! ( lol )
Back to reality, this is turning out to he a rather hectic mango season, can't wait for it to be over so we can get back to normal next year. Only a few weeks more to go ! ( smile )

Comments (20)