SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vjcamp

Feels like Animal Planet

vjcamp
16 years ago

My oldest daughter,Alex, and I went on our usual Sunday walk around the neighbor. We like to look at all of the yards/gardens and see all of the varied personalities of houses/yards/gardens. TONIGHT, during our walk we found a baby bat in the street, not far from our house. Ofcourse, this is cause to get the rest of the family out to see it.

My daughter,Alex, is best described as " Nature Girl or Organic Girl", anyhow she determines that we need to protect this little bat, of course we all agree ( we are a bit weird), so with the aid of a dish towel we pick the bat up and bring him/her to our patio. Of course, after feeding it some cornsyrup and pet milk we have to find what kind it is. Eastern Pipistrelle--Family Chiropetera

-pipistrellus subflavus. if that isn't enough, after the rescue we continued our wlk and came across a "blind snake" crawling across the sidewalk- at first looked like a worm but the crawling pattern was snakelike, of course, "Nature girl" quickly picked the snake up, announced "he's musking me" and after a short observation he was released into the grass. We continued our walk wondering " what next?" fortunately no more wildlife crossed our path. However, a year ago we were walking our dog in the area near Texas 10, 183 and 360 and we saw a coyote.

Comments (12)