'My cat from hell' Animal Planet TV program
14 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (24)
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
Related Discussions
Crazy things my dog and cat do or eat....
Comments (19)I have a story, but it isn't funny. We have a little yorkie-poo. She was less than a year old when she got sick. She had a few stomach issues and they did a poop culture (sorry!), and found some type bacteria. Treated that but within a couple of weeks, she started vomiting one evening. She had never done this and after a couple of times I called our vet. Because of her small size (she's only 9 lbs. now fully grown) they had us bring her in so she wouldn't get dehydrated. They examined her, pumped her full of fluids and suggested we watch her closely overnight. The fluids and some meds helped with the vomiting but by early morning she was vomiting again. We got up, dressed and ready to get her to the vet their opening time. They did an x-ray and showed us that something was showing in her digestive track. Something she had ingested. I remembered that she had torn one of her little toys and although I never saw any stuffing out of the toy, I knew there was stuffing and we just assumed she had eaten that. They had to do emergency exploratory surgery. I bawled my eyes out. The next day when we were allowed to *visit*, the vet showed me the PLASTIC MEAT WRAPPER that she had eaten. It was to a pretty critical point, it had started through her intestines. The vet was wonderful, even took our little baby home with her overnight to keep a close eye on her and the pup came through the surgery with flying colors. And a nice little *zipper* down her belly. Hubby and I both felt awful. We didn't know she had gotten the wrapper. We figured that she had quickly grabbed it out of the garbage (which was behind a closed door, but if she saw us put something in there she'd jump up to investigate) and gotten away with it without us seeing. The stick on label on the plastic wrapping was what we were seeing on the x-ray. Alot of tears and $$$ over a meat wrapper! She's not interested in the garbage anymore (she was just a puppy then) thankfully, but we are even more cautious when throwing something away! I never throw away a meat wrapper now without putting it in another bag and tying it up first. Our pup too watches tv. It's hilarious. There was an M&M commercial that she didn't like. Now she doesn't like the Weight Watchers commercial where they have the little orange monster (hungry). She knows by the very first sound of that commercial that it's THE ONE and immediately starts barking. She barks at most dogs she sees on tv, other than cesear. Maybe because he's little like her. tina...See MoreOur Story Using TV Shows....The Entire Story Line
Comments (2)Thanks for all your hard work Karen! Can't wait to read it in its entirety. Jodi-...See MoreAnimal Planet coming here this week
Comments (24)marilyn, Animal Planet is very pro-animals & if anything, they are trying to raise awareness about all the creatures in our lives. I think if you told them that you wanted your release spot kept secret & your reason for it, they would certainly respect your privacy. And, yes, please let us know when. I'd love to see it too. You'll get to be known as the "Possum Lady" which might actually draw positive attention to your cause to save the sweet little critters....See MoreHow on earth did I get a baby owl on top of my TV?
Comments (53)Oh I'm so glad he's in safe hands now (now that yours aren't but....) and that he'll be looked after. I came upstairs one day to find the cats pacing in the kitchen, back and forth and back and forth, and found two blue jays in there. One was on top of the toaster and the other in behind the blinds. I have no idea how they got in the house but I did take pictures knowing that no one would believe me otherwise. I thought that I would help the one behind the blinds by raising them so he could get out. But when I raised the blinds I got his tail feathers caught and then he was hanging upside down. I eventually got him out and then opened the sliding glass doors. They must have sensed the airflow as they both went flying out....See More- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 14 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

HOUZZ TV FAVORITESHouzz TV: Animals, Love and Color on a Florida Farm
Farm-fresh style is just right for this family of 6 — and their horses, dogs, cats, chickens, zebus, birds and pig
Full Story
PETSDealing With Pet Messes: An Animal Lover's Story
Cat and dog hair, tracked-in mud, scratched floors ... see how one pet guardian learned to cope and to focus on the love
Full Story
PETSHouzz TV: Watch These Rescued Cats Make a House Their Playland
Spirals, catwalks, tunnels and platforms create a superhighway inside this home in Southern California
Full Story
FARM YOUR YARDMy Houzz: An Urban Farm and Animal Sanctuary in Austin
Four dogs, four chickens, a duck and a kitten find refuge in a photographer’s updated home
Full Story
HEALTHY HOME6 Tips From a Nearly Zero-Waste Home
Lower your trash output and increase your quality of life with these ideas from a mom who did it to the max
Full Story
FUN HOUZZDon’t Be a Stickybeak — and Other Home-Related Lingo From Abroad
Need to hire a contractor or buy a certain piece of furniture in the U.K. or Australia? Keep this guide at hand
Full Story
SMALL HOMES16 Smart Ideas for Small Homes From People Who’ve Been There
Got less than 1,000 square feet to work with? These design-savvy homeowners have ideas for you
Full Story
PETSIncredible Home Catwalks Make for Purr-fectly Happy Felines
Walkways and tunnels custom built to the tune of about $35,000 keep a homeowner’s 18 cats on cloud nine
Full Story
FUN HOUZZEverything I Need to Know About Decorating I Learned from Downton Abbey
Mind your manors with these 10 decorating tips from the PBS series, returning on January 5
Full Story
PETSSo You Want to Get a Cat
If you're a cat lover, the joys outweigh any other issue. If you haven't lived with one yet, here are a few things to know
Full StorySponsored
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH

pekemom