SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melvalena

Cranky Hubbies --there is hope.

melvalena
16 years ago

Ladies, there is hope for those of you with hubbies who take no interest in your garden efforts. In the last few weeks my Hubby has been making nothing but positive comments on my efforts and is constantly asking what is this or that called. He lamented that its going to take me years at the new house to get it up to this level of lushness. (it won't though cuz now I have a clue what I'm doing and what works and what doesn't)

He's even quit digging up what he calls 'weeds or trees'. (which aren't)

He came home last night and sat out on the back porch for a while. Then announced he wants to raise our asking price.

I asked him why and he said: "because they get all this. No one else has this yard". I was floored!

Then he told me to take pictures of everything and catalog it so when we move I'll know what I had and can replace it.

This from a guy who has poo poo'd, made fun of, castigated, sabotaged me with a spray bottle full of Round Up, and complained about any expense associated with my efforts. :)

Up until about 7 years ago, the yard was his. I had no interest or desire. I now understand that he was jealous.

He is so proud of what has evolved and impressed that I haven't spent the kind of $ he was spending when he was doing it!

I still have to do it all myself, but I don't have him teasing me or killing things behind my back. :)

He's even looking forward to a new house and watching me go to town on the yard!

Comments (12)