SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
raehelen

I'm so cranky- More delays!!!

15 years ago

Just have to vent!

Go on computer to get contact info for the nitwit who did our energy evaluation (cuz we're doing extensive renos

we qualify for the ec0-energy rebates), cuz I need to know if he ACTUALLY got the 3 month extension he said

he was getting for us. If he didn't, we need to have all the stuff like new furnace, insulation, etc done and evaluated

by Dec 10. We've just had another estimate- this time from Sears for a new furnace and heat pump. So depressing-

$$$ - who to believe, each estimate is more than the other...!

Anyhow, receive this email from our friggin cabinet maker...

Morning Rae and Richard

Well, it seems some things are just not meant to be - never have we experienced such problems in putting stain and finish onto wood. However, we persevere.

Because of the stain/finish combos not working together, we have had to go to a different combo. Last weekend we put on the new stain, but as soon as we put the lacquer on, it turned out too red: I had to take everthing back to the mixer (way up in Port Kells) and have him work on getting a closer match to your existing. That takes time - I am hoping to pick it up today. The doors had to be re-sanded again, but we are ready to give it another go - please cross your fingers for us.

Will keep you posted, but again, our apologies.

Regards,

Ann

Arggh--- This for cabinets started in AUGUST!!! Haven't gone into detail about the problems we've been having with the energy advisor (hence the name nitwit).

I'm just so tired of it all, I'm ready to cry!!!

Bahhhh, Rae

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!